The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced that the name for its largest annual U.S. event has been changed from “Annual Meeting & Convention” to “Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition” (“BACE”).
In announcing the change, NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen noted that, given the global nature of business aviation, the Association co-hosts dedicated, business-aviation-only events around the world. The new name for NBAA’s largest event brings it into alignment with the other shows.
“NBAA’s largest U.S. show has up to this point been referred to as an ‘annual meeting,’ but in recent decades, it has grown in size and importance to be much more than just a meeting, and this change reflects that reality,” Bolen said. “The change also strengthens the overall brand for NBAA’s shows, underscoring their status as world-class events, produced by the Association, with the high standards Exhibitors and Attendees expect from an NBAA show. At the same time, the new name retains the term ‘Convention,’ which is familiar to everyone in the industry.”
The event that would evolve into NBAA’s modern U.S. Convention was first held in September 1947. In the decades since, it has grown into an event that ranks fifth in size for all U.S. trade shows, according to Trade Show Executive magazine. The event draws around 25,000 Attendees each year, including individuals from dozens of countries around the world. More than 1,000 Exhibitors participate, and the show covers more than 1 million square feet of exhibit floor space. The event also features a side-by-side display of nearly every aircraft type in production.
Going forward, the name “Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition” will be used to describe NBAA’s largest annual U.S. event on the Association’s website, in promotional materials for the show and in other references to the event
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 9,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI