Thales will be participating in the Aero India exhibition, which takes in Bangalore from 6 to 10 February. Held every two years, Aero India is India’s largest exhibition for the aerospace sector. For defence programmes, Thales is recognised as a trusted partner of the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.
Thales will be showcasing its capabilities in a number of areas:
• Advanced air defence: Thales has developed, manufactured and supported best-in-class air defence systems for customers worldwide for more than 40 years. It is the only company in Europe able to deliver a fully integrated air defence capability, from radars and C2 centres through to effectors and their respective fire support systems. Thales is also the world’s leading supplier of integrated weapon systems, with more than 450 mobile, integrated systems in service with customers throughout the world. Its solutions include the Starstreak system, integrated on a wide range of armoured vehicle platforms. Thales innovations in open systems architectures are behind the development of the RAPID range of mobile integrated weapon systems, which combine sophisticated sensors, fire control software, latest-generation human-machine interfaces and a wide range of weapons, including missiles, guns and directed-energy weapons. The RAPID range of weapon systems, the LML and Starstreak missiles will be presented at Aero India.
• Communication systems: Thales proposes a broad array of communication products and solutions to provide the armed forces with the information superiority and network-centric capabilities they need. Thales offers interoperable systems and a complete range of tactical radios for all levels of command, from C2 centres to infantry in the field and for land, air and naval platforms to meet the need for air-to-air, ground-to-air and surface-to-air communications. A wide range of communication systems and radio equipment such as FlexNet and [email protected] will be exhibited at the Thales stand.
• Naval systems: With over 50 years’ experience in delivering equipment, systems and services to naval forces, Thales offers brings tangible benefits to client navies around the world. Leveraging an in-depth understanding of evolving naval and maritime environments, Thales contributes to the success of naval missions throughout the world. More than 50 navies have placed their trust in Thales to build and maintain their air defence, anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare capabilities and provide effective maritime safety and security solutions. At Aero India, Thales will illustrate its know-how with multiple presentations including the FLASH dipping sonar and the SMART-L naval radar.
• Optronics: Thales is a pioneer in optronic equipment and systems, with thousands of products in service in more than 60 countries. Working closely with its partners and with end users, Thales draws on a range of advanced optronics technologies to develop imaging and image processing solutions that are tailored to the precise requirements of each customer. At Aero India, Thales the Damocles targeting pod.
• Avionics: Thales’s expertise in presenting mission data and flight-critical information to helicopter crews is also behind systems such as the TopOwl® integrated helmet-mounted sight and display. Used in operations in Afghanistan (French and US Forces) and in Lybia (French Forces), the TopOwl® system employs advanced visor projection technology to present essential flight and mission information in front of the crew’s eyes both during the day and night, even in total darkness, under cloud cover without moonlight. TopOwl® will be exhibited on the Thales stand and on the SAMTEL stand (Samtel-Thales Avionics Joint Venture zone).
International specialists from the Thales Group will be available for demonstrations and presentations of Thales equipment and products in all the areas mentioned above.
Please visit us on the stand B1.3 (French pavilion) or call to arrange a tour or a briefing.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International