The United Kingdom Ministry of Defence (MoD) has recently awarded CAE two contracts for simulator upgrades and training services at CAE’s Medium Support Helicopter Aircrew Training Facility (MSHATF).
A contract to provide both ground school and simulator aircrew training services at MSHATF for the Royal Air Force (RAF) on the Puma HC2 helicopter has been extended through 2017. CAE is currently upgrading the Puma dynamic mission simulator at MSHATF to the new Puma HC2 configuration. The upgraded Puma simulator is expected to be ready-for-training during the summer of 2013.
In addition, CAE will perform a major upgrade to one of the CH-47 Chinook dynamic mission simulators to ensure concurrency with the RAF CH-47 Mk4 standard, which is also known as the JULIUS program. CAE had previously upgraded one of the other CH-47 Chinook simulators at MSHATF to the Mk4 configuration.
CAE’s MSHATF, owned and operated by CAE Aircrew Training Services, is a purpose-built facility that provides training to the RAF and third-party operators of Boeing CH-47 Chinook, AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin, and Eurocopter Puma helicopters. The MSHATF is equipped with six CAE-built dynamic mission simulators (three Chinook, two Merlin, and one Puma), four computer-based ground school training classrooms, and a state-of-the-art tactical control centre.
- RAF passes 10,000 hours on upgraded Pumas
- 11-Oct-15 XW229 Airbus SA330 Kabul, Afghanistan (5F)
- Selex ES to update UK RAF Puma electronic warfare capability
- 18-Jul-15 1209 TP-1 Oryx Goma, DRCongo
- 12-May-15 EI-SAI Airbus SA330J Pristina, Kosovo
- Upgraded RAF Puma – first NATO mission deployment
- 21-Nov IAR330 Puma Malancrav, Romania (9F)
- Puma Mark 2 trials hosted by Vector Aerospace UK
- RAF begins training on the Puma Mk2
- Thales helps Romanian Navy expand Puma ASW capability
- Tanzania Approves Starlite’s Air Service Licence
- RAF awards Eurocopter UK three year Puma Mk2 fleet support contract
- GKN Aerospace to upgrade UK RAF Puma fuel tanks
- 07-Mar-13 Eurocopter/IAR SA330L Bacau, Romania (2F)
- Heli-One signs 13-year contract to service RAF Puma engines
- Engineering success at RAF Odiham
- Eurocopter hands over first Puma Mk2 to UK military
- RAF Pumas arrive at Territorial Army Centre for Olympics role
- Major milestone achieved on Eurocopterâ€™s Puma Mk2 upgrade program for RAF
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations