Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) had achieved the initial operational clearance (IOC) for Advanced Light Helicopter –Mk-IV Army Version of “Rudra”. Dr. K. Tamilmani, CEO, Center for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) presented the certificate to HAL at a function here today. “The occasion gives us the confidence and it is a proud moment for the country and boosts our indigenous activities”, said Dr. R.K. Tyagi, Chairman, HAL.
The occasion marks the entry of HAL into the elite group of a few industries in the world which design, develop, manufacture and certify a helicopter as weapons system to international standards.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Tamilmani pointed out that potential for helicopter remains forever in India and the country has the ability to meet technical challenges on this front.
Mr. P. Soundara Rajan, HAL’s MD Helicopter Division, pointed out that integration of multiple weapons systems simultaneously on the helicopter is a complex assignment. “In this particular case it involved four major groups of systems and weapons, involving eight countries: Israel, France, Belgium, South Africa, Germany, Italy, USA and India. Nearly 23 km of cables had to be laid and hundreds of hours of flight and ground tests were carried out”, he said.
- 05-Feb-19 IA-2147 HAL Dhruv Thattaguppe, India
- NAeL Delivers Helicopter Structures
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Indian military orders another 41 Dhruv helicopters
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Indian Army Retires Chetak and Cheetah Fleet
- Dhruv Interested in EASA Certification
- Ecuador terminates links with HAL after four Dhruv accidents
- HAL Dhruv completes noise tests for EASA certification
- India – Border Security Force inducts pair of Mi-17s
- HAL renews Saab contract for Dhruv Self-protection Systems
- HAL to set up Dhruv MROs in forward areas
- Sarang helicopter display team reforms for AeroIndia 2015
- 11-Feb-15 HAL Dhruv Ganderbal, India (2F)
- 27-Jan-15 FAE-605 HAL Dhruv Tena, Ecuador
- 13-Jan-15 FAE-603 HAL Dhruv Chongon, Ecuador
- Dhruv helicopters back in action after Sitapur crash
- Indian Air Force grounds Dhruv
- 25-Jul-14 HAL Dhruv Ataria, India (7F)
- 21-Feb-14 FAE-601 AL Dhruv Chimborazo, Ecuador (3F)