A one-day conference dedicated to commercial helicopter operations will debut at and be supported by the Barclays London Heliport, Battersea on Wednesday, 12 June, 2013. Organised by MIU Events, the Rotary Operations Conference (ROC) will bring together helicopter manufacturers, operators, suppliers and industry chiefs. The event is also being supported by the UK’s British Helicopter Association (BHA) which will participate in the speaker programme.
The event is deliberately timed just one week ahead of the Paris Airshow offering a preview of some of the latest developments and initiatives within this growing industry. It will look at some of the new generation of helicopters which promise greater efficiency and enhanced operating economies, the role of the helicopter as a business tool, their interlining role to business jets, the experience of city heliports around the world and the safety and regulatory aspects of helicopters operating in metropolitan areas.
Manufacturers including Sikorsky, Bell and Eurocopter will participate in an OEM panel. Aviation International News Editor in Chief, Charles Alcock will also chair a panel of operators who will debate some of the more contentious issues affecting day to day operations.
ROC will be supported by an exhibition and there will be various networking opportunities throughout the day. The event will culminate in an evening reception on the veranda of the adjoining Hotel Verta where attendees can enjoy hospitality and network with industry colleagues in convivial surroundings overlooking the River Thames.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation