The Belgian based website helispot.be has recently launched a new page, featuring the helicopter traffic which flies each day. For every tracked helicopter that flies in Belgium and Netherlands, you can see the first and last recorded track times each day [in UTC], along with the registration, type , serial number, operator, pressure altitude and a photo of the aircraft.
Reports for the current day and previous six are available at any one time. Taking last Friday for example, they record flights of 14 Belgian helicopters (11 civil, 3 military) and 16 Dutch helicopters (11 civil, 5 military). The most recent report is at the top. If a helicopter is noted multiple times in a day, you can see the first and last times differ.
Data is sourced from Mode-S output and is thus limited to those helicopters fitted with this equipment – certainly all the offshore, air ambulance, and law enforcement helicopters appear to be – plus a range of private aircraft too, right down to R22s. Data is refreshed every minute.
Check out the page yourself at http://www.helispot.be/hs/radar/
Jeremy Parkin, HeliHub.com
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days