Sources in Nigeria are saying that the Osun State Government has commenced a lease with OAS Helicopters for a Eurocopter AS355N – the one we reported here that they had recently bought from Sky Helicopters in Spain.
In a statement, the state governor’s media aide, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, said the helicopter is to support its Swift Anti-Robbery Squad (SAS) in the aspect of aerial surveillance, as well as serving the Osun Emergency Management Agency and the O-Ambulance scheme.
Cynics widely report this as a front story only, and that the helicopter will most likely be used as a VIP transport – in the same way Rivers and Akwa Ibom states have done in the recent past. Photos show no law enforcement equipment yet installed.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Columbia Helicopters moves their ELITE AS355
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Remote GeoSystems and North Shore Rescue deploy geoDVR and FLIR gimbal for SAR
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- 02-Jun-17 Eurocopter AS355F Newark, US-New Jersey
- Aero Design launches AS350/355 Quick Release Bike Racks
- Vector Aerospace to overhaul another AS355 for Aero Asahi
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Dart Aerospace to exhibit helicopter floats at SAFE Europe Symposium
- Able Doubles Hydraulics Facility and Adds New Servo Capabilities
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- Attorney Settles Malpractice Suit in Billionaire AS355 Bahamas Crash
- UK – Heli Air adds first twin to charter fleet
- Airbus extends UTair training approvals
- VIH Aerospace Delivers Rejuvenated Bell 205 to HeliMax Aviation
- Maxcraft Avionics Announces new FAA STC for the Mid-Continent MD302 SAM in Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter)
- 29-May-15 PR-ADA Airbus AS355N Atalaia do Norte, Brazil (5F)