Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has validated the Bell 429 for operation in Nigeria and endorsed the Bell 429 gross weight increase to 3402 kg (7,500 lbs.). Nigeria is the fifteenth country to approve the increased maximum gross weight for the Bell 429 based on Transport Canada’s certification. The additional 227 kg (500 lbs.) of fuel and/or payload allows operators to take advantage of the aircraft’s full capabilities.
“Nigeria’s validation of the 429 and its endorsement of the gross weight increase is very exciting for us as the country continues to expand its aviation services and infrastructure,” said Danny Maldonado, Bell Helicopter’s executive vice president of Commercial Sales and Marketing. “As the most populous country in Africa, and its leading producer of oil, there is increasing demand for reliable rotorcraft in the oil and gas, utility/corporate, and parapublic/military sectors. The performance boost of the 429’s increased gross weight will allow customers across all segments to fully utilize the capabilities of the aircraft to carry more fuel and equipment.”
Transport Canada approved operation of the Bell 429 at 3402 kg (7,500 lbs.) in December 2011 after conducting an extensive technical evaluation. The increased gross weight of the Bell 429 will allow customers to take full advantage of the aircraft’s capabilities, and operate longer and heavier missions. To date, The Bell 429 increased gross weight has been approved by Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Ecuador, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Thailand, Venezuela and Vietnam.
The Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed. It delivers exceptional speed, range and hover performance, and offers operators a state-of-the-art single pilot IFR helicopter with top user-rated in-service support. It is certified for Single or Dual Pilot IFR, Cat. A / JAROPS Performance Class 1 at maximum gross weight; has a state of the art fully-integrated glass cockpit; an advanced drive system that delivers power and superb performance; best in class WAAS navigation & IFR capability; and is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operators. The increased gross weight configuration includes Helicopter Terrain Awareness Warning System (HTAWS), a radar altimeter, cockpit voice/flight data recorder and forward flashing lights.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
Photo refers to this story – Nigerian Police receive a Bell 429
- Bell bundles SiriusXM Aviation Weather & Audio with new helicopters
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AeroBrigham awarded Jamaica Defence Force Bell 429 integration contract
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429