L-3 WESCAM announced today the successful on-time delivery and in-flight demonstrations of its first MX™-25 electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) imaging system. The MX-25 was delivered to the U.S. Army’s Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona, where it was evaluated by the Persistent Threat and Detection System (PTDS) Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) team as a plug-and-play upgrade path for the MX-20 systems currently deployed on PTDS aerostats.
“Verifying that the MX-25 could be quickly installed as a spiral PTDS upgrade was a necessity, as the U.S. Army has an immediate requirement to identify insurgent activity at significantly greater distances than what its current system was designed to operate from,” said Paul Jennison, L-3 WESCAM vice president of government sales and business development. “Engineering this long-range solution for the U.S. Army represents the fifth technology spiral path that L-3 WESCAM has provided to CECOM since PTDS became operational in 2005.”
Upon delivery and after only two hours of installation, the MX-25 was operational and evaluated over a course of nine consecutive days. During this time, a side-by-side resolution test was conducted between the MX-20 and MX-25, whereby the MX-25 provided similarly detailed thermal imagery at fifty percent greater standoff distances.
The superior range capability and enhanced situational awareness that the system executed during testing is a result of a significantly larger IR lens aperture, a high-definition IR imager and improved stabilization. The MX-25 has the ability to house up to seven imaging and laser sensors and can be further equipped with a laser designator option.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2012 sales of $13.1 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
Except for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release are forward-looking statements. Statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to events or conditions or that include words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “will,” “could” and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements set forth above involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed in the company’s Safe Harbor Compliance Statement for Forward-Looking Statements included in the company’s recent filings, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment