Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) announced today a change of leadership related to the successful completion of their start-up phase, after acquisition of the Bell 47 Type Certificates in 2010.
Chris Meyer, formerly of Northwest Airlines Corp, has been appointed General Manager of SB47, and Neil Marshall is departing from his full time role with the company. Neil, a Partner at Vaeden Solutions, a provider of project, advisory, and interim management services, will continue to support SB47 on an advisory basis. Chris, who managed the transition of the Type Certificates, parts, & intellectual property from Bell in 2010, is currently the General Manager of Texas Helicopter Company, Inc., a sister company to SB47, and has worked alongside Neil as they have developed SB47 over the past 2 years.
Neil leaves the company with established operational processes, Drafting, Supply Chain & Quality Departments, all developed successfully with FAA oversight since 2011. SB47 has converted over 500 drawings of Bell legacy parts using modern 3D CAD techniques, including the replacement of out of date manufacturing standards with modern processes and standards. SB47 has over 180 FAA approved PMA’s for use on the Bell 47 helicopters, has received over 3,700 newly manufactured parts, consisting of 39 high priority, unique part numbers, to replenish spares inventory, and has multi-million dollar commitments with the established supplier base for more. SB47 is also close to completing the development of a new state of the art instrument panel STC and have opened a new project with the FAA for new composite main rotor blades.
“I am extremely proud to have been part of the SB47 start-up and of the team we have assembled. It is an agile, cost effective operation and the right solution for Bell 47 support.” said Neil. “To work on the 47 was a privilege. It is a unique, iconic helicopter. What other product, developed in the 1940’s, still does a better job than its modern 21st century counterparts. Ask any Ag operator and they will tell you; if I can be assured of support & parts, I will use the Bell 47. I will always look back on my time with Scott’s with pride and will always be a supporter of Scott and his efforts to prolong & develop the fleet” speaking of Scott Churchill, President & Owner of SB47.
Meet Chris Meyer and the rest of the Scott’s – Bell 47 team at Heli Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, NV, March 5-7, booth # N4712.
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)