ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH has received an EASA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the integration of Trakkabeam® A800 searchlight systems on Eurocopter EC135 helicopters. The STC covers several configurations of the system to give customers a choice of how to install and control the searchlight in their EC135. The system can be controlled by pilot and copilot via a DZUS mounted control panel or with four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control. If there is no space in the cockpit interseat console or if a crew member needs to control the searchlight from the cabin, a movable grip controller can be installed. ESG’s STC also includes a laser pointer option and all the interfaces for slaving the Trakka A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
ESG worked together with the Brandenburg police helicopter squadron for the trial installation and certification flight tests of the new system. Initial deliveries of systems covered by the new STC started in December 2012.
For almost fifty years, ESG has been one of Germany`s leading companies for the development, integration and operation of electronic and IT systems. With more than 1600 employees globally, we provide logistics, system development, training and consultancy services for military, government and industry customers.
Independent process and technology consultancy is one of ESG`s key areas of expertise. Technology transfer between markets is the basis for a decisive contribution to the added value of our customers.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation