Following a careful evaluation of the helicopter, Heli-Union has selected the Cabri G2, produced by the French manufacturer Helicopteres Guimbal to equip its flight academy HUTC (Héli-Union Training Center), located in Angouleme, France.
The first French Offshore operator acquiers two copies of the two-seat helicopter, destined to professional pilots training, starting as soon as April.
The two aircraft feature a very comprehensive equipment for day and night training.
For Héli-Union, the choice of the Cabri G2 was dictated by the will to offer a first-class training on a modern machine providing unequalled safety at the lowest operating cost. Thanks to its flying qualities, the French helicopter makes possible to provide future commercial helicopters pilots with the best preparation.
46 copies of the Cabri G2 have been delivered so far, and the fleet counts about 18.000 flight hours. The first helicopters now reach the 2.000 hour milestone.
For Helicopteres Guimbal, the decision by Heli-Union is another success, the first in France on the very promising market of big companies and governments professional pilots training. It is the Cabri G2 debut in the Oil & Gas industry, while several big flight academies around the world are evaluating the helicopter.
The first French Offshore operator was founded in 1961 and operates today more than 30 medium and heavy helicopters in the main oil-producing countries, mainly in Africa and Asia. Created in 2002, Heli-Union Training Center (HUTC) is located in France near Cognac. It provides groups of French and Foreign students with a large range of training courses – ab-inito CPL, IR, MCC, recurrent training, etc. Since 2012 HUTC is equipped with a new Dauphin N3 FFS/FTD simulator and a 2300 sq.m building, enabling to offer unequalled training.
About Helicopteres Guimbal
Founded end-2000 the company has developped the innovative two-seater Cabri G2. Its EASA certification was delivered in December 2007, followed in 2008 by the manufacturer’s Part21 production agreement. Helicopteres Guimbal delivered 46 helicopters in 12 countries so far, from Sweden to New-Zealand. 14 were produced in 2012 and a large increase is planned for 2013. Located in Aix-les-Milles near Marseille, France, the company counts 30 employees, growing.
- Guimbal introduces new updates for Cabri G2
- 21-Jan-20 N715RK Guimbal G2 Independence, US-Iowa
- 05-Dec-19 N797NA Guimbal G2 Washington, US-Missouri
- 04-May-19 N572MD Guimbal Cabri G2 Kent Island, US-Maryland (2F)
- 31-Jan-19 F-HRCR Guimbal G2 Pierrevert, France
- BC Helicopters to add second Guimbal Cabri G2
- Cabri G2 delivered by new UK distributor HeliGroup
- Guimbal appoints distributor in Canada
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- UK Guimbal distributor expands with new investment
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- 30-Oct-16 ZK-IZR Guimbal Cabri G2 Tarras, New Zealand
- DCNS and Airbus join forces for French Naval drone requirement
- Latest British Cabri G2 is first with Aspen Avionics panel
- Two more Guimbal Cabri G2s arrive in US
- Cotswold launches Guimbal Cabri G2 ground handling trolley
- Helicentre Aviation opens Florida Cabri G2 operation