BLR Aerospace opens Heli-Expo 2013 with 600 FastFin® Tail Rotor Enhancement and Stability Systems sold to date, and a rapidly expanding military presence. Overall, the company continues to deliver strong growth. Sales increased over 30 percent in 2012, and BLR’s global military footprint skyrocketed with large fleet-wide conversion sales to Colombia, Peru, Pakistan, and the Philippines. Attendees are encouraged to visit BLR Aerospace throughout the convention at Exhibit N3724, where details on FastFin technology, performance improvement, and return on investment calculations will be shared.
Colombia has purchased nearly 60 systems to date as a part of a military cross-branch upgrade initiative, including the presidential fleet, and is currently the world’s largest fleet operator of the FastFin System. Additionally, the Pakistan Air Force, the Peruvian National Police and the Philippine Air Force have commenced fleet-wide FastFin upgrade programs, ordering a combined 55 systems in the last twelve months.
“FastFin has established a position as a must-have technology for a range of missions,” said BLR Vice President of Sales and Marketing Dave Marone. “Those who test the system consistently decide to add it to their fleets, and would not want to fly without it. Our friends at Bell Helicopter have made it standard on new Bell 412 EPs.”
Other military operators include: The Austrian Air Force (Bell 212), the Jordan Air Force, the Turkish Air Force (UH-1H), the United States Navy (UH-1N), and the United States Department of State (Huey II). The Canadian National Defense Force has completed a flight test with the FastFin System for use on its fleet of military Bell 412s (Griffin).
With FastFin installed, most operators realize between a 10 and 90 percent increase in useful load depending on specific model and density altitude. The FastFin system includes two parallel stall strips, known as Dual Tailboom Strakes, on the tailboom and a reshaped vertical fin. FastFin optimizes airflow around the tailboom, dramatically improving tail rotor authority and wind azimuth tolerance. FastFin also improves aircraft stability, positively impacting operating costs and cycle fatigue in structures and demands on tail rotor rotating components. FastFin is widely certified and available for most Bell Mediums.
About BLR Aerospace
BLR Aerospace is focused on Performance Innovation. With certified performance improvements flying on over 4,000 airframes, BLR proudly serves the civilian and military turbine helicopter, turboprop, and general aviation market segments worldwide.
Note: BLR is no longer known as Boundary Layer Research and appreciates the news media’s support in accurately using the BLR Aerospace name.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report