Bristow Academy announced today an agreement with Aero Dynamix to use Aero Dynamix night vision systems to enhance its night vision training program, as well as offer the installation of Aero Dynamix night vision systems to its customers worldwide. Both companies are industry leaders in night vision applications – Bristow Academy in rotary pilot training for NVG operations and Aero Dynamix as a provider of NVIS lighting systems for aircraft.
Bristow Academy trains helicopter pilots to operate safely at night using helmet-mounted NVG. The NVG program includes two courses, an initial course and a refresher course. The Academy has 12 NVG qualified Flight Instructors, 5 NVG-compatible Schweizer 300 CBi and 9 NVG-compatible Bell 206-BIII helicopters. NVG flight training is offered at the Titusville, Florida Campus and Carson City, Nevada training site. All of these training aircraft are equipped with Aero Dynamix NVIS lighting systems.
Aero Dynamix has been a provider of integrated night vision lighting systems for military and civilian aircraft since 1994. The company has FAA Part 21 manufacturing authority for thousands of NVG compatible products including Edge Lit Panels, instrument overlays, and other lighting components. The company is also an FAA/EASA certified repair station (C73R723N/EASA.145.6260) and is the only NVIS lighting provider that is approved by most major avionics manufacturers for NVG modifications and repairs without voiding the factory warranty.
“Bristow Academy is excited to collaborate with Aero Dynamix,” says Samantha Willenbacher, Bristow Academy director. “It will bring us the opportunity to provide enhanced services to our customers in the rotary market.”
“Safety of flight is of paramount importance to both companies,” says Dennis Trout, Aero Dynamix general manager, “which will result in the most well-equipped and well-trained NVG operators in the world.
ABOUT BRISTOW ACADEMY
Bristow Academy, located in Titusville, Florida; New Iberia, Louisiana; Carson City, Nevada, and Gloucester (UK), is the only helicopter flight school approved to provide helicopter flight training to commercial pilot level by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Aviation Safety Agency. The Academy trains students from helicopter industry or related companies and pilots from a wide variety of foreign and domestic government agencies. For more information, visit www.heli.com
ABOUT AERO DYNAMIX
Aero Dynamix, Inc. is the industry leader and principle innovator of integrated Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) solutions for commercial and military aircraft. The company specializes in complete and fully integrated cockpit modifications for night vision applications and has completed over 500 STC’d cockpit upgrades. Aero Dynamix headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Euless
- 04-Feb-21 N820H Bell 206B Pahokee, US-Florida
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- 19-Jan-21 ZS-HUC Bell 206B Ceres, South Africa
- 11-Dec-20 PP-MSA Bell 206B Angra dos Reis, Brazil (1F)
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- 08-Nov-20 N123NC Bell 206A Raleigh, US-North Carolina
- Canada approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- 16-Oct-20 N777CP Bell 206 Lakeland, US-Florida
- 04-Oct-20 N24AE Bell 206 Jackson, US-Mississippi
- 29-Sep-20 N91TA Bell 206B Packwood, US-Washington
- 28-Aug-20 5N-BQW Bell 206B Opebi, Nigeria (3F)
- 24-Aug-20 C-GRCT Bell 206B Porcupine Plain, Canada
- 22-Aug-20 N41SJ Bell 206 Clifton, US-New Jersey
- Van Horn Aviation receives STC/PMA on 206B V2 main blades
- 08-Aug-20 N284S Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- 07-Aug-20 N55SL Bell 206L4 Windham, US-New Hampshire
- 06-Aug-20 N137HS Bell 206B Paris, US-Illinois
- Helimarte moves away from Bell to concentrate on Airbus
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)