Bristow Academy announced today an agreement with Aero Dynamix to use Aero Dynamix night vision systems to enhance its night vision training program, as well as offer the installation of Aero Dynamix night vision systems to its customers worldwide. Both companies are industry leaders in night vision applications – Bristow Academy in rotary pilot training for NVG operations and Aero Dynamix as a provider of NVIS lighting systems for aircraft.
Bristow Academy trains helicopter pilots to operate safely at night using helmet-mounted NVG. The NVG program includes two courses, an initial course and a refresher course. The Academy has 12 NVG qualified Flight Instructors, 5 NVG-compatible Schweizer 300 CBi and 9 NVG-compatible Bell 206-BIII helicopters. NVG flight training is offered at the Titusville, Florida Campus and Carson City, Nevada training site. All of these training aircraft are equipped with Aero Dynamix NVIS lighting systems.
Aero Dynamix has been a provider of integrated night vision lighting systems for military and civilian aircraft since 1994. The company has FAA Part 21 manufacturing authority for thousands of NVG compatible products including Edge Lit Panels, instrument overlays, and other lighting components. The company is also an FAA/EASA certified repair station (C73R723N/EASA.145.6260) and is the only NVIS lighting provider that is approved by most major avionics manufacturers for NVG modifications and repairs without voiding the factory warranty.
“Bristow Academy is excited to collaborate with Aero Dynamix,” says Samantha Willenbacher, Bristow Academy director. “It will bring us the opportunity to provide enhanced services to our customers in the rotary market.”
“Safety of flight is of paramount importance to both companies,” says Dennis Trout, Aero Dynamix general manager, “which will result in the most well-equipped and well-trained NVG operators in the world.
ABOUT BRISTOW ACADEMY
Bristow Academy, located in Titusville, Florida; New Iberia, Louisiana; Carson City, Nevada, and Gloucester (UK), is the only helicopter flight school approved to provide helicopter flight training to commercial pilot level by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Aviation Safety Agency. The Academy trains students from helicopter industry or related companies and pilots from a wide variety of foreign and domestic government agencies. For more information, visit www.heli.com
ABOUT AERO DYNAMIX
Aero Dynamix, Inc. is the industry leader and principle innovator of integrated Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) solutions for commercial and military aircraft. The company specializes in complete and fully integrated cockpit modifications for night vision applications and has completed over 500 STC’d cockpit upgrades. Aero Dynamix headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Euless
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices