Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), is pleased to announce a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from Transport Canada (TC) for an Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) system for the Bell 206L/LR helicopter. The IBF provides critical year-round engine protection in all environments, from typical ramp operations to off-airport and remote landing zones.
With this new IBF solution, Canadian 206L/LR operators will enjoy reduced operating costs by eliminating engine damage and at the same time maintaining performance equivalent to basic inlet charts. The IBF system is approved for year-round flight with limitations.
The new IBF system features long-life dual filter assemblies mounted inside the existing cowl, creating a sealed intake plenum. Installation utilizes the existing Particle Separator mount provisions. A panel allows filter removal and plenum visualization without cowl removal, particularly important for remote bush operations.
As with all certified Donaldson IBFs, the system includes an alternate inlet air bypass system. This bypass capability is an important IBF feature and is not included in most traditional sand filters and particle separators. A simple compact cockpit post light and switch allows indication and activation of the bypass system. An integral Filter Maintenance Aid also allows for on-condition inspections, pre- and post-flight, to assist in mission planning and visual inspection of filter condition.
When compared with particle separators, barrier filter systems can enhance engine performance, deliver more engine temperature margin (thus more load carrying capacity), lower maintenance commitments and dramatically reduce aircraft operating costs. All these factors culminate in a quick return on investment critical to commercial and military operators alike.
Donaldson representatives will be available to discuss IBFs and other advanced filtration solutions at Booth N6001 during Heli-Expo 2013, being held March 4-7, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The exhibit halls open on March 5; Donaldson’s booth is in the Convention Center’s North Hall.
Providing the most comprehensive line of IBF solutions, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is the industry leader in the design, development and manufacture of high-performance engine IBF systems for commercial and military propulsion systems. Through its St. Louis, Missouri location, Donaldson provides certified IBF solutions for the AgustaWestland AW109E/S/SP, AW119 Koala, AW119Ke and AW139; Bell 205A1, 206B, 407, 206L-3/4, 206L-1(C30), 206LR, 230, 429 and 430; Eurocopter EC130, AS350 B/BA/B1/B2/B3/B3e, AS350s with Soloy or Heli-Lynx Honeywell engine conversions; and MD Helicopters MD 369H Series, MD 500D/E/F and MD 900/902. Learn more about Donaldson’s line of IBF Syste
About Donaldson Aerospace & Defense
Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, missiles, military shipboard systems, and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering, and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our approximately 13,000 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 140 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI.
- Helimarte moves away from Bell to concentrate on Airbus
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 16-Apr-19 N61PH Bell 206B Fountain Hills, US-Arizona (2F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Dakota Air Parts Displays New Composite Tail Rotor Blade at Heli-Expo
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark