East/West Industries, Inc. of Ronkonkoma, NY, celebrating 44 years of saving aircrew lives, will be highlighting the following products for the rotorcraft community at HELI-EXPO 2013. Visit East/West Industries at HELI-EXPO booth C5624 in Las Vegas, NV.
East/West’s Energy-Attenuating Seats
East/West has developed, tested and patented a new and unique lightweight, high-comfort, energy attenuating seating system for protecting rotorcraft occupants from injuring and fatal forces during crashes.
Meeting FAA and military requirements, East/West seats have most recently been selected by:
- Sikorsky for the new S-97 RAIDER™ helicopter program (Troops)
- Sikorsky for the new CH-53 K (Troops and Crew Chief)
- US Army for its CH-47 D/F (Troops, Crew Chief and Ramp Gunner)
- US Navy for the CH/MH-53 D/E fleet (Crew Chief)
- Protect the entire occupant range without adjustment (small female to large male).
- Provide high comfort for long missions
- Attenuate crash forces
- Can be bulkhead, floor or ceiling mounted
- Can be installed in forward, aft, or side-facing configurations.
- Are extremely compact and fold up when not in use.
- Available with adjustable seat back to accommodate occupants with packs.
- Rapid installation and removal times
- Tested and qualified to FAA and military requirements
East/West’s Master Crane®
East/West has developed, tested and patented this unique portable floor crane for the maintenance community.
- The Master Crane is a towable utility crane that has sufficient reach, height and lifting capacity to assist in the removal and installation of many aircraft components.
- Does not require any external power equipment for operation.
- The rotation mechanism allows the crane to be rotated 360 degrees on the vertical axis under full load, which eliminates having to move the crane around during removal or installation of aircraft components.
- Easily maneuvered and operated by one (1) person.
- Field usage has proven that the Master Crane can perform maintenance tasks in one-third to one-half the time compared to other cranes.
- The Master Crane is safer to operate than existing cranes.
- Easier to deploy to remote locations. It can be stowed on a 4 x 4 foot pallet with a height of 7 feet 6 inches. This small footprint saves valuable space.
For more information about East/West’s products, please visit www.eastwestindustries.com.
About East/West Industries
East/West Industries, Inc. a woman-owned, small business located in Ronkonkoma, New York (on Long Island), and a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of lifesaving equipment, is celebrating 44 years of saving lives.