Global Aerospace, a worldwide leading specialist aerospace insurer, announced that its cumulative financial investment in aviation safety programs since 2011 now totals more than USD $1.5 million. The company has long been the insurance industry leader in supporting aviation safety initiatives, many funded on behalf of its clients as well as for the aviation industry at large.
“Our history as an aviation insurer is replete with examples of our commitment to improving aviation safety,” said Global Aerospace USA Chief Underwriting Officer Jeffrey Bruno. “No other aerospace insurer invests more financial resources or personnel into fostering a safer aviation environment.”
The company’s financial investment and educational support of aviation safety is administered primarily through two programs: The Vista Elite Program for qualifying Global Aerospace customers and the SM4 Safety Program, offered to the entire aviation community.
The Vista Elite Program is designed for exceptional corporate aircraft operators who meet the general aviation industry’s highest operating and safety standards. Vista Elite customers are offered access to a comprehensive series of world-class safety support services. Developed in cooperation with leading aviation safety experts, these services enhance and support customers’ existing safety programs and reflect the latest innovations in safety management, human factors, regulatory compliance, medical training, emergency response and other issues.
Vista Elite safety services are delivered by Global Aerospace’s designated safety partners:
- Baldwin Aviation: Safety management programs and support services
- Convergent Performance: Human factors training and advisors
- Fireside Partners: Emergency response planning and family assistance support
- ICF SH&E: Risk management and regulatory compliance consulting
- MedAire: Integrated medical, security and travel assistance
“By selecting the industry’s best specialists in each of these categories, we are equipping our clients to take their safety programs to a whole new level,” Bruno added.
The SM4 Program is a fully sponsored collection of expertise and resources that aviation professionals can utilize to develop and improve their understanding of safety management while augmenting their Safety Management Systems (SMS). SM4’s aviation safety resources can be accessed in three ways:
- Online safety resource library
- Aviation safety seminars
- Aviation safety newsletter
“Since its inception in 2011, the SM4 program has reached thousands of aviation professionals in all segments of the industry,” said Marilena Sharpell, Global Aerospace’s Executive Underwriting Officer. “We have worked with eight different regional business aviation groups across the U.S. to deliver the best safety training and content from the best minds in the business. The five safety partners that provide Vista Elite programs are also enlisted to provide the training and resources made available through the SM4 program.”
Global Aerospace produces a series of safety posters to help aviation professionals with the promotion component of their Safety Management Systems (SMS). The posters are offered free of charge, regardless of whether interested parties are Global Aerospace customers or not. For additional information about the SM4 Safety Program, please contact your broker or your local Global Aerospace underwriter.
About Global Aerospace?
Global Aerospace is the world’s leading provider of Aerospace insurance with a worldwide portfolio of clients who are engaged in every aspect of the Aviation and Space industries. Headquartered in London, we have offices in Canada, Paris, Zurich, Cologne and throughout the United States. Across the world we employ over 350 people. With experience dating back to the 1920s, the company’s underwriting is backed by a pool of high quality insurance companies representing some of the most respected names in the business. For additional information on Global Aerospace, please visit www.global-aero.com. To learn more about the company’s SM4 safety program, please visit sm4.global-aero.com.
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters