Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd (Bond), one of the UK’s leading providers of energy support services, is proud to be the first helicopter operator to become a full member of Step Change In Safety.
Step Change In Safety was founded in 1997 by the principal oil and gas industry trade associations, with the aim of making the UK the safest place to work in the global oil and gas industry.
Member organisations are charged with the responsibility of supporting and promoting Step Change In Safety’s strategies and principles, as well implementing these within their companies in order to make the working environment safer in the oil and gas sector.
Bond Offshore Helicopters operates in the challenging environment of the North Sea, where safety awareness is critical to the success of the mission. Bond’s ‘Mission Safe’ culture, puts a commitment to safety and operational excellence at the heart of all of its activities; from office, to hanger, to cockpit. Through its parent company, the Avincis Group, Bond has access to world-class safety management systems and processes to support the objective of Zero Accidents.
Luke Farajallah, Managing Director, Bond Offshore Helicopters said: “The safety of our customers, crew and everyone we work with is fundamental to the culture of Bond Offshore Helicopters. Membership of Step Change In Safety puts Bond at the forefront of embedding these values across the oil and gas industry”.
Les Linklater, Team Leader, Step Change In Safety said: “We are delighted to welcome Bond Offshore Helicopters to the membership of Step Change in Safety. Bond have, since its inception, actively participated in the Helicopter Safety Steering Group and by becoming full members, have made a demonstrable commitment to Step Change. The on-going safety of our helicopter operations is crucial if we are to meet vision of being the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry”.
About Bond Offshore Helicopters
Bond Offshore Helicopters provides crew change for the oil and gas industry, and search and rescue support, in the central and northern North Sea and west of Shetland.
Bond Offshore Helicopters is part of the Avincis Group. Avincis is the world’s leading provider of mission critical aviation services. The Group’s mission is to save lives, protect the environment and provide safe transport for mission critical people and assets for public services and blue chip corporations.
Avincis has a global footprint, which includes the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Ireland, Norway, Australia, Chile and Peru. The Group operates around 350 aircraft, from 295 bases in ten countries. Avincis employs almost 3,000 people worldwide and in 2011 had a turnover of €521 million (£421 million). The Group is headquartered in London.
About Step Change In Safety
Step Change In Safety is the UK-based partnership with the remit to make the UK the safest oil and gas exploration and production province in the world. Once achieved, we intend to maintain the UK as the safest place to work.
Step Change In Safety is charged with achieving this vision through cooperation, collaboration, sharing and adopting of best practices and learnings.
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force