Conklin & de Decker recently announced a new addition to their seminar line-up titled Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs. The inaugural program will be held on May 14-15, 2013 in Dallas, Texas.This seminar was recently certified by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) to be a Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) accepted program allowing attendees to receive CAM credit for participating in the seminar.
The Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs Seminar is designed for management personnel that deal with or have the responsibility for controlling operating costs. Managers from accounting, maintenance, inventory, operations, and others will find this course helpful in their effort to manage or understand operating costs. Individuals from fixed-wing or helicopter operations are encouraged to attend.
The primary purpose of this seminar is to help individuals with a subject that is relevant to and significant for every type of operator, but is frequently misunderstood and causes confusion due to the nature and behavior of operating costs. The seminar is designed to alleviate this situation by accomplishing three objectives; develop a common understanding about the different types of operating costs, identify systems and methods to convert existing data into useful information, and demonstrate how to apply the new information into management tools.
At the completion of this two-day seminar, participants will have a better understanding of how to control and manage the costs associated with an aviation operation. This knowledge will lead to a more efficient use of the organization’s limited financial resources. Attendees will
o Have a better understanding of the different categories of operating costs encountered during the life cycle of operation.
o Have the knowledge to develop or select systems that will convert operating cost data into useful information.
o Know how operating cost information can help managers make more informed decisions for their organization.
Systems that collect operating cost information will help develop more accurate budgets, create performance management metrics, identify maintenance cost drivers, highlight the importance of aircraft availability and reliability, and develop competitive bids in an acquisition process.
• The Seminar’s Curriculum
o Day 1
Operating Cost Fundamentals
This section of the Seminar builds the foundation for understanding operating costs by covering many of the basic principles and factors related to various cost categories.
o Day 2
Converting Data Into Information
Every organization has systems in place to capture information about the activities that lead to services or products. Certain systems can help the management of an organization learn more about the size and behavior of the cost required to operate its fixed-wing aircraft or helicopters. This section will examine the common systems within the organization that can organize the various categories of costwhile also reviewing the process to ensure proper selection when purchasing software.
o Operating Costs and Management
Every organization has a limited amount of resources with which to operate its aircraft. With the proper systems in place to capture and organize operating costs, management can measure and then control the consumption of the limited resources. This section will identify ways that an organization can use systems to manage it operations, including:
– Develop a system to manage maintenance costs.
– Create relevant performance metrics.
– Communicate more effectively with decision makers within and outside of the organization.
– Create a tool for budgeting.
The seminar will be presented by Conklin & de Decker experts and industry guest speakers that are specialists in particular areas that relate to cost categories addressed in the seminar.
Registration for this Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs is available at www.Conklindd.com with an early-bird fee of $895 per person until April 22nd, 2013 and $995 for anyone registering after the 22nd. To learn more about this seminar or about other Conklin & de Decker products and services, please visit them at Heli-Expo 2013 Booth #N3525. Special show discounts of 10% on the four Conklin & de Decker core products will be available to Heli-Expo booth visitors as well as free Pen/Stylus to use with mobile devices, while they last.
About Conklin & de Decker
Conklin & de Decker, celebrating more than 25 years in business, is a leader in aviation research, consulting and education with offices in Massachusetts, Texas and Arizona. The company, founded in 1984, focuses on fixed- and rotary- wing aircraft operating cost, performance and specification databases, maintenance management software, financial management, fleet planning, market research, aviation tax issues, and financial, tax and management seminars. Conklin & de Decker consults with numerous individuals, corporations and government agencies worldwide. More information on their products and services and copies of articles can be found on their website, www.conklindd.com.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO