As of December 27, 2012, Chongqing Helicopter Investment Co., Ltd (CQHIC), located in Chongqing, China has acquired Enstrom Helicopter Corporation, moving from one foreign owner to another. CQHIC is focused on helping Enstrom expand its reach into China and the rest of the world.The number of helicopters in Asia represents only a small percent of the number of helicopters in the United States, while Asia has a significantly larger population and is expected to be a major market for helicopters over the next two decades.
“The talks with the new ownership have been very successful so far,” said Tracy Biegler, Director of Sales and Marketing. “We’re progressing well and are very excited for what’s to come.”
Enstrom has seen a 50% growth in employment over the past 18 months, and with the new ownership will continue to grow to meet the current and future demands. This growth includes expanding the Menominee, MI located facility.The expansion will almost double the current size of Enstrom’s facility and allow for the company to grow to address higher productions rates.
Enstrom is working with the new ownership to develop strong sales. The new ownership will provide many opportunities to improve product, increase marketing support, provide funding for new product development, and provide manufacturing support to help control and reduce costs.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport, and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, or as a three to five place executive transport. For law enforcement applications Enstrom produces a specialized variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel. Enstrom can be found on the Internet at www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation
- Czech Republic – DSA adds Enstrom 480 to fleet