Northwest Helicopters LLC today announced the sale of a Bell UH-1H Plus to Travis County STAR Flight, at the HELI-EXPO industry show in Las Vegas, NV. Included in the sale is the option for 1 additional aircraft, to perform fire suppression and support duties. The UH-1H Plus is powered by a 1,800 SHP T53-L-703 engine and is equipped with the Boundary Layer FastFin System for optimal performance.
Since 1978 Northwest has provided helicopter services around the world. Over the last 25 years the company has transformed from a single ship operation to the largest helicopter company in the state of Washington. We are a Bell Approved CSF and an MD Service Center providing parts, service, and component overhauls for all models.
Additionally we specialize in the overhaul and refurbishment of the Bell UH-1H helicopter. We have over 20 years of experience with the UH-1H and over 50,000 hours of operational experience and our own UH-1H type certificate. We have rebuilt more than 50 Huey helicopters that have gone to customers all over the world.
STAR Flight is the only 24/7 aerial emergency medical service in Texas that performs highly specialized emergency response services, including, emergency medical transport, still and swift-water rescue, search and rescue, high angle rescue, fire suppression/aerial reconnaissance, and law safety assistance.
STAR Flight currently has three EC-145 helicopters, and the new aircraft will bring enhanced capabilities to the STAR Flight program.
- 18-Oct-19 TI-AZM Bell UH-1H Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Japan donates UH-1 spares to Philippine Air Force
- 08-Mar-19 N64RA Bell UH-1B Olympic Peninsula, US-Washington (1F)
- 26-Nov-18 Bell UH-1 Sancaktepe, Turkey (4F)
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- Argentine Army considers Huey II
- Aircraft Structural Repair to sponsor UH1OPS.com