Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) announced today that Vertical Aviation LLC of Scottsdale, AR, has agreed to purchase 2 47GT-6 helicopters and also signed up to become their dealer and customer service facility for the United States Southwest Region.
The 47GT-6 helicopter was announced by SB47 at the start of the Heli Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, NV and will be powered by the RR300 engine will be developed as an STC modification to the 47G-3B-2A type design, and will enter production in 2016. The STC will also include a new, modern Instrument Panel similar to that currently being developed by SB47 for use on the piston driven fleet of Bell 47 helicopters still in service. Use of the 47G-3B-2A platform takes advantage of the 3,200 lb MGW with external load that model was originally certificated for. The helicopter will also incorporate other improvements including Composite Main Rotor Blades, LED Exterior Lighting and new Interiors, plus SB47 hopes to drive down operating cost to market leading numbers through the use of modern drive train technologies.
Vertical Aviation is a FAR 135 Charter Operator based out of Scottsdale, AR. They are also a FAR 145 Approved Repair Station and a Rolls Royce Approved Repair Facility. Vertical Aviation President John Castrogiovanni signed up for the 2 helicopters today with SB47 President/Owner Scott Churchill in the SB47 booth #4712. Scott stated “that SB47 is very excited to be associated with Vertical Aviation, given their credentials and especially their RR300 repair & overhaul capabilities.”
Photo – Vertical Aviation President John Castrogiovanni signs up for 2 47GT-6 helicopters with SB47 President/Owner Scott Churchill in the SB47 booth #4712.
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)