Med-Trans Corporation, a leading provider of air medical transport services, has ordered its 14th EC135 helicopter from American Eurocopterec135-med-trans-florida1 in the last six months.
American Eurocopter announced the latest order Thursday at the Heli-Expo 2013 trade show in Las Vegas. The order, along with three others placed in December, is part of an agreement with Med-Trans announced in September that included 10 firm orders and six options. With the latest conversion of an option to a firm order Med-Trans has committed to the purchase of 14 of the 16 aircraft.
“Med-Trans rapid growth and its success with the EC135 have led it to accelerate its plans for acquiring the EC135s faster than originally anticipated. We are grateful to Med-Trans leadership for the trust and confidence they have shown in the EC135 and in our company,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing for American EurocoptThe EC135 has established itself as one of the premier helicopters in the U.S. air medical transport market. Med-Trans initially selected the EC135 as the platform for many of its life-saving air medical programs in 2007 with the purchase of eight EC135s and eight options. Med-Trans now has 24 EC135s in its fleet.
“We continue to increase the number of EC135’s in our fleet as it is a very reliable and proven aircraft, allowing us to offer an airframe to meet and exceed our health care partners expectations,” said Rob Hamilton, Chief Operating Officer of Med-Trans. “The newest order of EC135’s will assure that we keep up with our continued growth at an economical operating cost and ultimately maximize patient care throughout our established service areas.”
Nearly 1,100 EC135s are in operation globally and around 50 percent are in service with emergency medical service providers. Since the series introduction in 1996, the EC135 fleet has logged about 2.6 million flight hours. In the last 10 years the EC135 has accounted for nearly 80 percent of all light twin-engine helicopters put into use in the U.S. by emergency medical service operators.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of air ambulance programs throughout the United States. A proven solution to our partners, Med-Trans offers an array of customized air medical program designs including hybrid models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The company’s extensive fleet rapidly delivers teams of highly trained professionals to patients, striving to provide the patient with the best possible outcome.
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland