American Eurocopter today announced the purchase of an Eurocopter EC135 P2e helicopter by Midwest Medical Transport Co., Nebraska’s largest EMS transport company.
Midwest Medical Transport serves all of Nebraska and western Iowa. With 12 stations and a staff of highly trained and certified personnel, the company provides care through a fleet of ALS equipped ambulances and Para-transit wheelchair vans, and a state of the art air medical helicopter via Midwest MedAir.
“From the inception of our program we have focused our development of MedAir to meet or exceed all standards when it comes to safety,” said Kim Wolfe, owner of Midwest MedAir/Midwest Medical Transportation.
Midwest MedAir currently operates an American Eurocopter EC135 P2+ based at the company’s North Platte, Neb. location. The company responds 24 hours a day, seven days a week to any and all critical care, adult, pediatric and high risk OB patients, and trauma requests. It transports patients to wherever the sending facility has coordinated a receiving physician or from the scene of an accident.
The Midwest MedAir EC135 P2+ is Nebraska’s only medical helicopter capable of flying under Part 135 instrument conditions allowing Midwest MedAir to transport patients when other helicopters are grounded.
The EC135 has established itself as one of the premier helicopters in the U.S. air medical market. Worldwide, there are more than 1,100 EC135s in service, with about 50 percent of them working in emergency medical services.
“The EC135 was designed to meet the demands of operators in variety of mission environments and is particularly well suited for the air medical field,” said Treg Manning, American Eurocopter’s Vice President of Commercial Sales and Marketing. “American Eurocopter is proud to support Midwest Medical Transport and their MedAir operation in providing the highest quality of care to their patients.”
The Wolfe’s also own an American EurocopterEC120 for corporate use, complete with a Nebraska Cornhuskers paint scheme.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s