Markham Stouffville Hospital and Ornge, Ontario’s provider of air ambulance and related services, are pleased to announce the opening of the hospital’s new rooftop heliport. An Ornge helicopter made its inaugural landing at the hospital today and was greeted by hospital CEO, Janet Beed.
“This new heliport will help us provide more efficient service to the patients of Markham Stouffville Hospital,” said Dr. Andrew McCallum, President and CEO of Ornge. “We value our partners in healthcare at MSH and look forward to continuing to assist them with the transport of critically ill and injured patients.”
The new heliport officially opened at 12:00 noon on Monday March 11th, 2013. Strategically located on the roof of the new hospital building, the heliport is expected to expedite transport times from the air ambulance into and out of the hospital. Air ambulance pilots performed a test flight by landing an Ornge helicopter at the new heliport, allowing Ornge paramedics and pilots an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the new location.
Ornge, a not-for-profit organization, coordinates all aspects of Ontario’s air ambulance system, the critical care land transport program, paediatric transport program and the authorization of air and land ambulance transfers between hospitals.
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle