Russian Helicopters, part of state defence holding Oboronprom and a leading global designer and manufacturer of helicopters, has delivered two Mi-171 transport helicopters with type certification to Russian aviation company SKOL Airline, LLC.
The Mi-171 is built at the Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, a Russian Helicopters company. The two helicopters delivered to SKOL are fitted with special lifting and transport equipment including an on-board boom and winch able to lift loads of 150kg (approx. 330 Ib) and an external hoist with capacity of up to 4,000kg (approx. 4400 lb). Shock-absorbing Fischer seats have been installed to improve comfort and safety for pilots.
SKOL Airline operates various Mi-8/17 series helicopters including the medium Mi-171, Mi-8AMT and Mi-8MTV, as well as the heavy Mi-26T, which are frequently deployed on UN peace-keeping and humanitarian missions around the world. This helicopters are used for transporting cargo, medicines, materials and passengers and to provide humanitarian aid. Helicopters previously supplied to SKOL include three Mi-171, two of which were delivered in 2009 and one in 2010.
The new helicopters are forecast to help SKOL strengthen its position and increase its share of the international air-freight market, where the helicopters’ capabilities are highly rated, as well as their reliability and the value for money that they offer. SKOL plans to increase its fleet of Mi-171s, and is currently considering new supply contracts with Russian Helicopters.
Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant is a Russian Helicopters production facility. The plant has extensive and advanced manufacturing and technical capabilities that enable it to quickly launch production of new aircraft types and also to build prototypes and mass-produce helicopters. The plant has built more than 8,000 machines in its 70-year history. Today it specializes in the production of the Mi-171 (Mi-8AMT) and Mi-171Sh helicopters.
- 25-Nov-20 RF-38376 Mil Mi-8MTV1 Volgograd, Russia
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- 20-Aug-20 RA-????? Mil Mi-8 Khakassia, Russia
- Volga-Dnepr delivers two Mi-8s for fire-fighting in Malaysia
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters assists Mi-8 overhaul in Cuba
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters