AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that AVIASUR has been appointed Official Distributor for AgustaWestland commercial helicopters in Chile and Peru. AVIASUR has also signed a contract for one AW119Kx single engine and one GrandNew light twin helicopter. This contract marks the entrance of the AW119Kx into the Chilean helicopter market. Both signings were performed during an official ceremony held at Heli-Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, USA, today. AgustaWestland is continuing to increase its market share in South America and now has almost 20 of its helicopters operating in Chile comprising AW119 series, AW109 Power, Grand, GrandNew and W-3A Sokol models for both commercial and parapublic duties.
A former independent sales representative in Chile for AgustaWestland commercial products, AVIASUR also opened an authorized service centre in summer 2012 to provide maintenance and other support services for AgustaWestland commercial helicopter customers. The service centre is located at AVIASUR’s modern facility at Santiago’s Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport in Chile. The service centre in Chile continues AgustaWestland’s strategy to provide customers with greater levels of service close to their operating locations.
AVIASUR also provides a wide range of aviation services from its Santiago headquarters including a full FBO service, aircraft sales, charter flights and aircraft management for private and corporate clients.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC