Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) announced today that Africair Inc. of Miami, FL has agreed to purchase two 47GT-6 helicopters for resale into Africa.
The 47GT-6 helicopter was announced by SB47 earlier this month at the Heli Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, NV and will enter service in 2016. The 47GT-6 will be powered by the RR300 engine and will also include a new, modern Instrument Panel similar to that currently being developed by SB47 for use on the piston driven fleet of Bell 47 helicopters still in service. Based upon the Bell 47G-3B-2A platform the MGW with external load will be 3,200lb. The helicopter will also incorporate other improvements including Composite Main Rotor Blades, LED Exterior Lighting and new Interiors, plus SB47 hopes to drive down operating cost to market leading numbers through the use of modern drive train technologies.
Africair, Inc. is the exclusive independent representative of Bell Helicopter for the majority of Africa and the largest distributor of Cessna aircraft in the world. Additionally, Africair is the new representative of Thrush Aircraft, Inc., the world leader in aerial spray operations. With over 300 years of combined aviation experience on the continent, language fluency in English, French, Arabic and Swahili, and a continuous travel schedule throughout, Africair’s sales and support staff are unmatched in their support and services. “We are extremely pleased that Africair are backing the 47GT-6.” said Scott Churchill, President & Owner of Scott’s Bell 47. “They are highly respected in the aviation industry and understand the African marketplace unlike anyone else. SB47 considers the 47GT-6 a perfect fit for that region as training aircraft, for spraying operations and light utility work. We are looking forward to a long & healthy relationship with Africair.”
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest fleet operators of Bell 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and an FAA-PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated Model 47 helicopters. They currently provides OEM level customer support & services to the fielded fleet and have announced they will manufacture the 47GT-6 helicopter starting in 2016 .
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)