StandardAero announced today the appointment of Firoz Tarapore as Interim President and Chief Executive Officer. He replaces Rob Mionis, who resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities.
Tarapore has been a director and member of the Executive Committee of StandardAero since 2007 and will continue to serve as a Board member. He is intimately familiar with the company’s culture, mission, vision, customers, systems, processes and leadership team. Tarapore will serve in this interim role until a permanent replacement has been identified.
“We are thankful for the loyal service and the many contributions Rob has made during his time with the company,” said Tarapore. “We are making strong progress across all our core markets and remain committed to our customers and growth agenda. We will continue to deliver high standards of quality and customer service.”
In addition, the Board of Directors has appointed David Smoot, a current director, as Vice Chairman. Smoot is the Chief Executive Officer of Dubai International Capital which owns and controls companies with more than $3 billion of revenue serving diverse end markets including aerospace, energy, chemical and general industrial. Smoot will assist in managing relationships with key customers and lenders and enhancing business processes.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe