StandardAero announced today the appointment of Firoz Tarapore as Interim President and Chief Executive Officer. He replaces Rob Mionis, who resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities.
Tarapore has been a director and member of the Executive Committee of StandardAero since 2007 and will continue to serve as a Board member. He is intimately familiar with the company’s culture, mission, vision, customers, systems, processes and leadership team. Tarapore will serve in this interim role until a permanent replacement has been identified.
“We are thankful for the loyal service and the many contributions Rob has made during his time with the company,” said Tarapore. “We are making strong progress across all our core markets and remain committed to our customers and growth agenda. We will continue to deliver high standards of quality and customer service.”
In addition, the Board of Directors has appointed David Smoot, a current director, as Vice Chairman. Smoot is the Chief Executive Officer of Dubai International Capital which owns and controls companies with more than $3 billion of revenue serving diverse end markets including aerospace, energy, chemical and general industrial. Smoot will assist in managing relationships with key customers and lenders and enhancing business processes.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel