StandardAero announced today the appointment of Firoz Tarapore as Interim President and Chief Executive Officer. He replaces Rob Mionis, who resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities.
Tarapore has been a director and member of the Executive Committee of StandardAero since 2007 and will continue to serve as a Board member. He is intimately familiar with the company’s culture, mission, vision, customers, systems, processes and leadership team. Tarapore will serve in this interim role until a permanent replacement has been identified.
“We are thankful for the loyal service and the many contributions Rob has made during his time with the company,” said Tarapore. “We are making strong progress across all our core markets and remain committed to our customers and growth agenda. We will continue to deliver high standards of quality and customer service.”
In addition, the Board of Directors has appointed David Smoot, a current director, as Vice Chairman. Smoot is the Chief Executive Officer of Dubai International Capital which owns and controls companies with more than $3 billion of revenue serving diverse end markets including aerospace, energy, chemical and general industrial. Smoot will assist in managing relationships with key customers and lenders and enhancing business processes.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award