StandardAero announced today that it was awarded a five year maintenance contract by Air Methods Corporation (AMC) on the company’s fleet of Roll-Royce M250 engines. This agreement will run through February, 2018. The exclusive deal provides total M250 support to AMC’s current fleet of 53 engines which is growing to 73 engines over the next few years.
“Today’s announcement is a tremendous testimonial to the total quality offered in StandardAero’s workmanship, customer support and cost,” said Kim Olson, Senior Vice President, Helicopters, Energy & Engineering, StandardAero. “The fact that AMC, the largest helicopter Emergency Medical Services provider in the world, places their confidence in StandardAero’s abilities, is a tremendous endorsement for us and we’re very pleased to continue our long-standing support partnership with Air Methods. StandardAero continues its position as the marketplace leader in the light helicopter engine MRO market.”
“Air Methods has been very pleased with the quality of service we have received from StandardAero on the M250 engine,” said Archie Gray, Senior Vice President, Aviation, Air Methods Corporation. “Our partnership over the past five years has been outstanding and we anticipate nothing less as we move forward into the next five.”
The work will be performed at StandardAero’s Winnipeg, MB and Concord, NC facilities with field service and technical support provided to Air Methods’ numerous bases across the U.S.
The official contract signing was conducted at the StandardAero show booth on day one of this year’s Heli-Expo. StandardAero is exhibiting at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, Nev., March 5 – March 7, 2013; Booth # N5234.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award