StandardAero announced today that it was awarded a five year maintenance contract by Air Methods Corporation (AMC) on the company’s fleet of Roll-Royce M250 engines. This agreement will run through February, 2018. The exclusive deal provides total M250 support to AMC’s current fleet of 53 engines which is growing to 73 engines over the next few years.
“Today’s announcement is a tremendous testimonial to the total quality offered in StandardAero’s workmanship, customer support and cost,” said Kim Olson, Senior Vice President, Helicopters, Energy & Engineering, StandardAero. “The fact that AMC, the largest helicopter Emergency Medical Services provider in the world, places their confidence in StandardAero’s abilities, is a tremendous endorsement for us and we’re very pleased to continue our long-standing support partnership with Air Methods. StandardAero continues its position as the marketplace leader in the light helicopter engine MRO market.”
“Air Methods has been very pleased with the quality of service we have received from StandardAero on the M250 engine,” said Archie Gray, Senior Vice President, Aviation, Air Methods Corporation. “Our partnership over the past five years has been outstanding and we anticipate nothing less as we move forward into the next five.”
The work will be performed at StandardAero’s Winnipeg, MB and Concord, NC facilities with field service and technical support provided to Air Methods’ numerous bases across the U.S.
The official contract signing was conducted at the StandardAero show booth on day one of this year’s Heli-Expo. StandardAero is exhibiting at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, Nev., March 5 – March 7, 2013; Booth # N5234.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM