StandardAero announced today that it was awarded a five year maintenance contract by Air Methods Corporation (AMC) on the company’s fleet of Roll-Royce M250 engines. This agreement will run through February, 2018. The exclusive deal provides total M250 support to AMC’s current fleet of 53 engines which is growing to 73 engines over the next few years.
“Today’s announcement is a tremendous testimonial to the total quality offered in StandardAero’s workmanship, customer support and cost,” said Kim Olson, Senior Vice President, Helicopters, Energy & Engineering, StandardAero. “The fact that AMC, the largest helicopter Emergency Medical Services provider in the world, places their confidence in StandardAero’s abilities, is a tremendous endorsement for us and we’re very pleased to continue our long-standing support partnership with Air Methods. StandardAero continues its position as the marketplace leader in the light helicopter engine MRO market.”
“Air Methods has been very pleased with the quality of service we have received from StandardAero on the M250 engine,” said Archie Gray, Senior Vice President, Aviation, Air Methods Corporation. “Our partnership over the past five years has been outstanding and we anticipate nothing less as we move forward into the next five.”
The work will be performed at StandardAero’s Winnipeg, MB and Concord, NC facilities with field service and technical support provided to Air Methods’ numerous bases across the U.S.
The official contract signing was conducted at the StandardAero show booth on day one of this year’s Heli-Expo. StandardAero is exhibiting at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, Nev., March 5 – March 7, 2013; Booth # N5234.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work