The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today announced that Public Works and Government Services Canada, on behalf of the Canadian Coast Guard, issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the procurement of light helicopters, under the Coast Guard helicopter fleet renewal procurement.
“Our Government is committed to ensuring that the Canadian Coast Guard has the equipment they need to do the work we ask of them, while supporting Canadian jobs and economic growth, said Minister Ambrose. “This marks an important step in the acquisition of new helicopters, which are equipment of great importance for the Canadian Coast Guard.”
“I am proud to be part of this government that has shown unprecedented support for the Canadian Coast Guard to ensure that our men and women have the resources they need to keep Canadian waterways safe,” said the Honourable Keith Ashfield, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans. “Renewing the fleet of helicopters will improve the Canadian Coast Guard’s air support capability from coast to coast to coast.”
Canadian Coast Guard helicopters support activities such as ice reconnaissance; maintenance and construction of aids to navigation and telecommunications equipment; personnel and cargo transfer between ship and shore; and support to science and fisheries enforcement.
On April 3, a Request for Proposals (RFP) to acquire up to 16 light lift helicopters with the option for 4 additional helicopters for the Canadian Coast Guard was posted to the Government of Canada’s Electronic Tendering Service.
The Canadianr Coast Guard helicopte fleet renewal procurement aims to procure helicopters over the next five years to renew the capability of its existing fleet of helicopters and support the future missions of Canada’s new polar icebreaker, the CCGS John G. Diefenbaker.
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Indonesia withdraws Bo105 from UN work after concerns raise
- Onboard Systems BO105 Cargo Hook Kits Certified by FAA
- Happy 50th birthday to the Bo105
- 40th Anniversary for Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter Rescue Service
- Oceania Aviation Complete Upgrade Mod for BO105 Hoist
- Lack of visual clues was key contributor to Canadian Bo105 accident
- Chuck Aaron to retire from airshow circuit
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to upgrade from Bo105 to EC135
- Airbus extends UTair training approvals
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance flies 500th mission
- 28-Jan-15 Eurocopter Bo105 Cortes de la Frontera, Spain (2F)
- 24-Aug-14 HU.15-90 Airbus Bo105CBS-4 Marana, Spain (3F)
- New Brisbane police helicopter unveiled
- Great Western Air Ambulance to upgrade to EC135 in October
- Bo105 helicopter fleet passes 8,000,000 flight hours
- Great Western Air Ambulance targets August for EC135 upgrade
- UK – Trial flight phase for Bristol Royal Infirmary helipad
- Canadian Coast Guard helicopter procurement facing delays
- South Georgia Heritage Trust move Bo105 fleet maintenance to new supplier