Rotorcraft Services Group, Inc. (RSG), an industry leader in aircraft services and product development, announced the successful development of a Universal Gimbal Mount system for the AgustaWestland AW139 helicopter. The lightweight mount design was completed to satisfy the requirements of Nippon Housou Kyoukai (NHK), Japanese National Broadcasting Corporation for Electronic News Gathering (ENG) and digital data link operations. All Nippon Helicopter (ANH) has delivered two AW139 ENG helicopters and recently signed a contract for a third AW139 helicopter to be configured in 2013 for delivery to NHK in 2014 for ENG operations.
“The systems modular design can be quickly attached to mounting provisions on the LHS or RHS of the AW-139 helicopter and can be used interchangeably to accommodate varying gimbal sizes and weights up to 16 inches and 120 lbs,” said Fida Waishek, President of RSG AeroDesign. “The precision machined bayonet mount design with integral handles allows payload to be quickly installed and removed to satisfy mission requirements – Gimbals can be securely released by removing two safety pins and rotating the turret to the unlocked position and lowering it into a storage receiver or an optional carriage assembly.”
RSG is an approved supplier for leading Aerospace OEMs worldwide including Agusta Aerospace Corporation, American Eurocopter Corporation, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation, Hafei Aviation Industry Co., Helicopter Support Inc., L-3 Communications Ocean Systems, L-3 Communications Wescam, MD Helicopters, Sikorsky Global Helicopters and Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
About Rotorcraft Services Group, Inc.
Rotorcraft Services Group business units include RSG Aviation, a full service completion and MRO facility serving all helicopter makes and models; RSG Products, a manufacturer of FAA PMA approved products including Garmin G500H installation kits, air conditioning systems and airborne video camera systems; and RSG AeroDesign, an integrated engineering unit providing comprehensive engineering and certification services and products to both the fixed-wing and rotary-wing markets.
- AW139 Wet Floor Achieves CAANZ STC
- Summit Aviation Now Serving Leonardo AW139 Owners and Operators
- Leonardo celebrates AW139 20th anniversary
- Babcock wins extension to North Sea SAR contract
- Babcock reaches 20 000 hour milestone with Ambulance Victoria
- AW139 will be Colombia’s new Presidential helicopter
- Wiking takes delivery of latest AW139
- TAI marks composite landmarks, including AW139 production
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor