Andrew Winch Designs (AWD) has created a new state-of-the-art interior for an AGUSTA 189 helicopter that will provide the perfect environment to fly from land to sea. Incorporating the level of detail and entertainment technology previously only seen in the interiors of superyachts and the most VVIP wide-body aircraft, the AWD designed AGUSTA 189 helicopter is perfectly tailored to the needs of today’s superyacht owner.
“With the size of superyachts increasing, we have found that many of our yacht clients regularly request helipads and garaging facilities,” says Andrew Winch. “Our new design concept for the AGUSTA 189, offers Clients the opportunity to own a helicopter that provides full ‘lifestyle support’ for recreational activities whilst at sea in the most exquisite of flying environments.”
The specially designed interior incorporates six full VVIP seats enhanced with built-in ‘whisper-dish’ noise-cancellation technology allowing conversation in comfort, whilst articulated forward seats make the 360 deg. cabin an all-the-more enjoyable experience. A state-of-the-art, glass dividing bulkhead, situated between the cabin and cockpit, displays flight information and entertainment to guests onboard; whilst interactive touch-screen capabilities maximise the potential for the Owner’s party to browse maps, destinations and places of interest.
As with all AWD projects the Aircraft design team have combined their extensive knowledge of aircraft design with their innate understanding of the needs of their Clients. This interior is rich in classic and individual style, complemented by the quality of detailing traditionally found in only the interiors of yacht and private aircraft.
About Andrew Winch Designs
Andrew Winch Designs (AWD) is an award winning British Design studio that was established in 1986 as a specialist Yacht Designer for Sailing Yachts and Motor Yachts. Focused on designing luxury projects for an exclusive client base, the company has added Private Jet, Architecture and Interiors teams to its core Yacht offering and today employs a team of 50 Designers at its riverside London studios.
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SkyTrac to Equip AW139 and AW189 fleets
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017