The EDA in partnership with Rotary Wing Operational Evaluation and Training Unit (RWOETU) from the UK and the Swedish Armed Forces, has developed a European Helicopter Tactics Instructors Course (EHTIC) as a sub-project to the EDA Helicopter Exercise Programme (HEP). The aim is to develop a common train-the-trainer capacity to assist in future harmonisation and interoperability.
The first EHTIC started on 8 Apr 2013 at RAF Linton and it is executed in two parts. The first part consists of a two weeks ground phase of classroom theory and a one week simulator phase to be conducted in the EDA purpose built facility in RAF Linton-on-Ouse. The second part will be a flying phase with the duration of three weeks, conducted at FMV Test Range, Vidsel, Sweden. The total of thirteen students (instructor-pilots) from Germany and Sweden will go through intensive theoretical, synthetic and practical training led by 14 RAF Qualified helicopter instructor pilots with the aim to give selected European helicopter aircrew tactical depth and expertise leading to an enhanced awareness of helicopter tactics and employment, and multi-national integration. The EHTIC is also attended by the observers from Austria, Hungary, Sweden, Estonia, Germany, United Kingdom and United States. The course graduation is scheduled for 24 May 2013.
The EHTIC is designed to provide pMS with an opportunity to train standardised helicopter tactics instructors, acting as multipliers and mentors not only in their home units, but as well interacting with the EDA HEP and the Helicopter Tactics Course (HTC). These instructors will provide an significant contribution to an increasing interoperability and a better understanding between European helicopter crews and will form a cadre of European Helicopter Tactics Instructors.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1