Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), today announced that it has signed a Letter of Interest (LOI) with the Brazilian Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA) to establish a Rotorcraft Innovation Team. Rated as one of the top universities in Brazil in engineering and related fields, ITA is a federal government institution dedicated to provide high-level education and research in the fields of Aerospace, Science and Technology.
Sikorsky made the announcement during the LAAD Defense and Security Exhibition in Rio de Janeiro.
The collaboration will accelerate the development of rotorcraft technologists in Brazil, whose military already flies both BLACK HAWK and SEAHAWK helicopters, and will increase student and faculty exposure to rotorcraft. Sikorsky will provide mentoring to assist with these classes at the graduate and undergraduate levels. It also will support the procurement of relevant hardware and software to enable rotorcraft research.
As part of the collaboration, ITA will augment its already robust aerospace engineering program to provide curriculum related to rotorcraft, including experienced staff to instruct this new material, and provide faculty and student support for research related to rotorcraft.
“We are very pleased to collaborate with Brazil’s Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica and to assist in the training of the next generation of aerospace leaders. As Sikorsky celebrates its 90th Anniversary of aviation innovation, we are excited to further encourage and enable rotorcraft innovation growth with a recognized academic leader in Brazil,” said Sikorsky President Mick Maurer.
“We welcome Sikorsky’s participation to work with us in growing our education curriculum to include rotorcraft design,” said ITA Rector Carlos Américo Pacheco. “We look forward to working with one of the world’s top helicopter companies to educate our outstanding engineering students.”
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- 27-Aug-20 ??-????? Sikorsky MH-60M San Clemente Island, US-California (2F)
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Helinet enters firefighting market with UH-60 contract win
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order