Recent noise legislation and regulations are becoming a significant issue for helicopter operations, particularly in cities and natural parks, despite the significant progress in acoustics reduction in recent. As a result, AHS International is working with Helicopter Association International (HAI) and the manufacturers to look at both the technical and operational issues with helicopter noise, noise reduction and noise perception, and work on potential solutions.
AHS is kicking off this effort at the AHS 69th Annual Forum & Technology Display at the Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, Arizona, with a panel, “Why Are Helicopters Still Considered Noisy?” The panel, on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 from 10:15 am to 12:15 pm, will frame the issue from operational and technical perspectives, and look for potential solutions.
Details are at www.vtol.org/noise.
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director