Rockwell Collins has been selected by the Brazilian Army Aviation Command to provide its Talon radio for a variety of rotary aircraft.
“The Talon radio is the standard for enabling secure air-to-ground communications and will enhance mission capability for the Brazilian Army,” said Thierry Tosi, vice president and managing director of the Americas for Rockwell Collins.
Tosi added that in addition to supplying Talon radios, Rockwell Collins will provide in-country service and support for the Brazilian Army. “We will work closely with the Brazilian Army to provide them with a high level of communication technology that benefits them well into the future,” added Tosi.
The Rockwell Collins Talon radio is designed to provide the best value in features, technology and growth capabilities. This series of receiver-transmitters features a digital radio architecture that allows easy reprogramming with different waveforms and operating modes through the use of digital signal processing technology.
About Rockwell Collins do Brazil
Rockwell Collins is a leader in airborne tactical communications, having provided more than 60,000 radios on 180 platforms worldwide. Rockwell Collins do Brazil has existed for nearly 40 years and recently the company heightened its focus on this important region to help the Ministry of Defense and Brazilian customers achieve the goals of the National Strategy of Defense.
Rockwell Collins has increased its employment in Brazil by 35 percent to bring in-country program management, business development, system engineering and service resources to support programs in the region. These programs include the Embraer KC-390, the first military platform to feature the company’s Pro Line Fusion® integrated avionics system, and providing avionics and communications to Helibras for the Panther, Fennec, Cougar and EC-725 platforms. Part of this growth is being driven by plans to produce Pro Line Fusion display control panels – as well as assembling, testing and repairing High Frequency (HF) radios – in Brazil.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 19,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work