EADS North America Chairman and CEO Sean O’Keefe issued the following statement regarding the proposed reduction of the Army’s UH-72A Lakota helicopter program from the 41 aircraft remaining to be purchased down to just ten:
“During times of budgetary pressure, an extremely successful program like the Lakota — with its demonstrated low cost and unbroken record of on-time and on-cost deliveries — ought to be the last program slated for reduction.
“Much of the unprecedented success of Lakota comes from the fact that over half of the workforce are U.S. military veterans. These dedicated men and women help all members of the Lakota team remember who we are working for and why.
“Their military service underpins and is reflected in our deep personal commitment to the Lakota program. Accordingly, we intend to fight for the opportunity to deliver the full program complement of Lakota helicopters to our men and women in uniform.”
Manufactured in Columbus, Miss., the Lakota is the Army’s newest helicopter, with the lowest cost to fly, own and operate of any U.S. military helicopter in production. Every Lakota — including 249 aircraft for the Army and National Guard, and an additional five for the U.S. Navy — has been delivered on budget and on or ahead of schedule.
About EADS North America EADS North America is the U.S.-based operation of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense, and related services. EADS contributes more than $14 billion to the U.S. economy annually and supports over 225,000 American jobs through its network of suppliers. EADS North America, headquartered in Herndon, Va., offers a broad array of advanced solutions to meet U.S. military and commercial requirements, including fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, homeland security systems, public safety communications, defense electronics and avionics, and threat detection systems.
About American Eurocopter American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer that produces, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services, and is an affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world. American Eurocopter’s product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facilities are located in Grand Prairie, Texas, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss., that produces the UH-72A for the U.S. Army’s Light Utility Helicopter program.
About EADS EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group — comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter — generated revenues of EUR 56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard