Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced in-country warehousing of spare parts in support of Brazil’s S-76 and S-92 commercial helicopter operators. Powerpack – Sikorsky’s long-standing Brazilian representative – will manage inventory operations through the country’s special customs system known as Depósito Especial (D.E.). This is the first Sikorsky Forward Stocking Location (FSL) in Brazil. The warehouse is centrally located in the city of Rio de Janeiro where more than 80 percent of Sikorsky helicopters operating in Brazil are concentrated. SAS is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
“By maintaining local inventory, we are able to deliver parts in hours rather than days. This expediency not only improves aircraft readiness, but it also helps keep costs competitive and reduces the operators’ overall expenses,” said Steve Bohlman, SAS Director, Global Service & Support. “SAS continues to expand its support presence in Brazil based on fleet requirements for improved operational readiness. In fact, we are currently securing approvals to stock BLACK HAWK and SEAHAWK helicopter components for Brazil’s military aircraft.”
By utilizing the Depósito Especial regime, Sikorsky can maintain spare parts inventory directly in Brazil. This capability appreciably reduces the time required for in-depth customs inspections and clearance issues faced on standard shipments from the USA. Staffed by OEM-trained personnel, Powerpack will provide storage and logistics services at the warehouse. Inventory stock will include spare parts as well as ground support and test equipment.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky company, provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing operators around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle management. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- 25-Sep-20 LN-ONQ Sikorsky S92 Sola, Norway
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92