Fokker Services performed its first official standard part delivery for a NH90 helicopter. During a ceremony in the Fokker Services warehouse in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, representatives from the Dutch Ministry of Defense took receipt of the first batch of aeronautical standard hardware necessary to support their National NH90 helicopter fleet.
Fokker is partner in the consortium that develops, produces and supports the NH90 helicopter. In July 2012, Fokker Services was appointed by NHIndustries (NHI), the Eurocopter Group and Agusta Westland as the exclusive provider for all the NH90 helicopter standard parts for the entire support phase of the NH90 helicopter. The contract is valued at multiple millions Euro’s. Fokker Services was already part of the NHI supply chain with direct access to and a real time interface connection with the NHI Support system containing all logistic transactions (spares, warranty and component repairs) for the entire NH90 helicopter fleet.
Fokker owes this position thanks to their already strong position and excellent reputation as a stock keeping distributor and logistic services provider for several different aircraft, including Fokker, Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Lockheed Martin. On a yearly basis, the Fokker Services facilities in Hoofddorp processes 35.000 incoming and 55.000 outgoing logistic transactions.
“I am particularly pleased to have Fokker Services acting as a “center of excellence” within the NHI community taking care of all the many orders for standard hardware items. I am convinced that this addition will help NHI and its partners to further increase our logistic support performance and to further develop our logistic solutions” declared Xavier Poupardin, Delegated Managing Director of NHIndustries.
Peter Somers, President Fokker Services BV, added he is “very pleased that another platform is added to our logistic capabilities and I am confident that this achievement will further help us to apply our knowledge and experience for the Defense market”
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence.
It is wholly owned by Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
About Fokker Services
Fokker Services is part of Fokker Technologies, which develops and produces advanced components and systems for the aerospace industry, and supplies integrated maintenance services and products to aircraft owners and operators. In 2011 the group achieved a turnover of € 685 million with 4,500 employees.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions
- Norwegian Navy tests NH90 helicopter landings on ships in open sea
- NH90 Qatar contract now effective
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Republic of Korea Navy launches tender for 12 helicopters
- RNLAF NH90 MASE now in operational use
- Leonardo and the Australian MOD sign agreement
- Safran to power Qatar NH90 fleet
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- 2nd NH90 Sea Lion prototype completes maiden flight
- NH90 joins the digital marketplace
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Last HKP 14 delivered