Fokker Services performed its first official standard part delivery for a NH90 helicopter. During a ceremony in the Fokker Services warehouse in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, representatives from the Dutch Ministry of Defense took receipt of the first batch of aeronautical standard hardware necessary to support their National NH90 helicopter fleet.
Fokker is partner in the consortium that develops, produces and supports the NH90 helicopter. In July 2012, Fokker Services was appointed by NHIndustries (NHI), the Eurocopter Group and Agusta Westland as the exclusive provider for all the NH90 helicopter standard parts for the entire support phase of the NH90 helicopter. The contract is valued at multiple millions Euro’s. Fokker Services was already part of the NHI supply chain with direct access to and a real time interface connection with the NHI Support system containing all logistic transactions (spares, warranty and component repairs) for the entire NH90 helicopter fleet.
Fokker owes this position thanks to their already strong position and excellent reputation as a stock keeping distributor and logistic services provider for several different aircraft, including Fokker, Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Lockheed Martin. On a yearly basis, the Fokker Services facilities in Hoofddorp processes 35.000 incoming and 55.000 outgoing logistic transactions.
“I am particularly pleased to have Fokker Services acting as a “center of excellence” within the NHI community taking care of all the many orders for standard hardware items. I am convinced that this addition will help NHI and its partners to further increase our logistic support performance and to further develop our logistic solutions” declared Xavier Poupardin, Delegated Managing Director of NHIndustries.
Peter Somers, President Fokker Services BV, added he is “very pleased that another platform is added to our logistic capabilities and I am confident that this achievement will further help us to apply our knowledge and experience for the Defense market”
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence.
It is wholly owned by Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
About Fokker Services
Fokker Services is part of Fokker Technologies, which develops and produces advanced components and systems for the aerospace industry, and supplies integrated maintenance services and products to aircraft owners and operators. In 2011 the group achieved a turnover of € 685 million with 4,500 employees.
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Patria received a follow-on NH90 maintenance order
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions