StandardAero announced it has appointed Rob Higby as Vice President, Sales & Marketing for StandardAero’s Airlines & Fleets (A&F) business. Higby will lead StandardAero’s A&F sales efforts on CFM56, CF34, PW100, PT6, PW600, AE3007 and a range of APU platforms. These products span commercial aviation, business aviation and military customers; all of which in 2012 accounted for nearly $700M in sales.
“Rob is a demonstrated leader, having successfully guided the sales and marketing activities of some of the top aviation and technology companies,” said Rob Cords, Senior Vice President, Airlines & Fleets, StandardAero. “Rob’s skill sets and breadth of knowledge across our market segments makes him the ideal selection for this position. We’re fortunate and excited to have him on our team.”
Immediately preceding his leadership position at StandardAero, Higby was Vice President, Worldwide Airline Sales for GE Aviation. In this role, Higby lead all of GE Aviation’s product and service offerings for its civil aviation aftermarket customers including airlines, MROs, OEMs and other third party GE Systems partners. Higby also has served in several senior leadership positions with companies ranging from AT&T, EMC Corporation, Equallogic Inc., and Avidyne Corporation.
Higby holds an MBA from MIT’s Sloan School of Management and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Policy Studies from Duke University.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. Standard Aero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza