StandardAero announced it has appointed Rob Higby as Vice President, Sales & Marketing for StandardAero’s Airlines & Fleets (A&F) business. Higby will lead StandardAero’s A&F sales efforts on CFM56, CF34, PW100, PT6, PW600, AE3007 and a range of APU platforms. These products span commercial aviation, business aviation and military customers; all of which in 2012 accounted for nearly $700M in sales.
“Rob is a demonstrated leader, having successfully guided the sales and marketing activities of some of the top aviation and technology companies,” said Rob Cords, Senior Vice President, Airlines & Fleets, StandardAero. “Rob’s skill sets and breadth of knowledge across our market segments makes him the ideal selection for this position. We’re fortunate and excited to have him on our team.”
Immediately preceding his leadership position at StandardAero, Higby was Vice President, Worldwide Airline Sales for GE Aviation. In this role, Higby lead all of GE Aviation’s product and service offerings for its civil aviation aftermarket customers including airlines, MROs, OEMs and other third party GE Systems partners. Higby also has served in several senior leadership positions with companies ranging from AT&T, EMC Corporation, Equallogic Inc., and Avidyne Corporation.
Higby holds an MBA from MIT’s Sloan School of Management and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Policy Studies from Duke University.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. Standard Aero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines