Russian Helicopters, a subsidiary of Oboronprom, part of State Corporation Rostec and a leading global designer and manufacturer of helicopters, is showcasing the multirole Ka-32A11BC and light Ka-226T helicopters at the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE 2013) being held in Shanghai. The Russian Helicopters display can be found at stand H302.
The Asian aviation market – and China in particular – is one of the biggest destinations for Russian-built helicopters, and deliveries to China have traditionally been a core priority in Russian Helicopters’ marketing policy. The Russian company showcases the most in-demand models for the region to regional operators every year at the Shanghai exhibition.
Helicopters are one of the major items that Russia’s machine-building industry exports to China. In July 2012, Rosoboronexport signed a contract to supply 55 Mi-171E transport helicopters to China, in a deal that extended a previously fulfilled contract for 32 helicopters.
This year Russian Helicopters is showcasing the medium multirole Ka-32A11BC and the lightKa-226T. These models have great potential for the Chinese market, where demand for all-round helicopters is growing every year. Both helicopters have unique coaxial rotor systems, and can land in tight spaces and manoeuvre in high-altitude mountainous territory and dense urban areas – vital qualities for China’s highlands and modern metropolises.
The Ka-32A11BC is essential for delicate construction work and fire-fighting, while the Ka-226T can be used for policing and rescue operations, or to provide emergency assistance and medical evacuation. The helicopter’s superb operational capabilities make it suitable for fire-fighting, a capacity in which it plays a crucial role for Russia’s Emergency Situations Ministry as well as emergency services in Spain, Portugal, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Greece and South Korea.
This model can operate for extended periods in low-visibility conditions of heavy smoke and dust concentration. The Ka-32A11BC’s fire-fighting equipment includes an extensive list of additional specialised items such as horizontal water cannon, Simplex Fire Attack belly tanks and Bambi Buckets.
The Ka-32A11BC holds Chinese type certification, and also has certificates of airworthiness in South and North America, Asia, Australia and Europe.
The new light Ka-226T’s outstanding flight performance and technical specifications are driven by an advanced avionics suite and two Turbomeca Aarrius 2G1 engines, which provide the high power levels needed in high-altitude and hot regions. The helicopter’s aerodynamic symmetry makes for ease of piloting, especially important when flying at low altitude. Highly manoeuvrable at all flight speeds, the Ka-226T can fly a range of operations in mountainous terrain and high temperatures, including policing and rescue operations, and emergency medical assistance and evacuation.
As the roll-out of the Company’s global service network continues, Russian Helicopters is also briefing visitors to ABACE 2013 on the latest developments in its after-sales care offering and operational support for operators of Russian-built helicopters at its new service centre in the Chinese city of Qingdao.
The largest event of its kind in Asia, ABACE 2013 is being held at Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport on 16-18 April. Conferences and seminars on industry issues are also planned during the event, with speakers from governments and the private sector across the region with an interest in operating helicopters.
- 01-Dec-18 HL9419 Kamov Ka32 Guri, Korea (1F)
- Avialift Vladivostok orders Kamov Ka32
- Russian Helicopters Delivers Ka-32A11BC to Jiangsu Baoli Aviation Equipment
- 08-May-17 HL9414 Kamov Ka32 Samcheok, Korea (1F)
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Ка-32А11ВСs to Jiangsu Baoli
- Jiangsu Baoli Aviation orders Ansat, Mi-171 and Ka32
- Lakeshore to market Russisan Helicopters in China
- Russian Helicopters signs contract to deliver 18 helicopters to China
- Russian Helicopters to deliver to Jiangsu Baoli
- Military Contract Between Russia and Peru
- RH Focus Corp expecting to represent Russian Helicopters in Korea
- Russian Helicopters take Ka32 to Asia Pacific China Police 2016
- Russian Helicopters sells to four customers in China
- Russian Helicopters details Singapore display
- Chinese operator signs for for firefighting Kamov Ka32s
- Russian Helicopters takes three aircraft to Dubai Airshow
- HSC to repair helicopters for South Korea’s Forest Dept
- Russian Helicopters discusses cooperation with LG International
- Russian Helicopters to maintain Korean Ka32 engines
- Three Ka32s to be delivered to China