From April 16-18, officers from HAI attended the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE) in Shanghai, China.
ABACE is the region’s largest trade show dedicated to business aviation. The event brings together the various sectors of the Chinese aviation industry and other international companies looking to expand into the rapidly growing Asian market.
Speakers at the show’s opening ceremony included Gary Locke, U.S. Ambassador to China; Council President Roberto Kobeh Gonzalez, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO); a representative from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC); Chairman Nianzu Wu, Shanghai Airport Authority (SAA); President and CEO Ed Bolen, National Business Aviation Association (NBAA).
Attendees were extremely interested in talking with HAI and learning about the opportunities for rotary-wing aviation in China. HAI’s safety and educational products were particularly well received.
HAI President Matt Zuccaro and Harold Summers, HAI’s director of flight operations and technical services, met with existing HAI members and potential new members, and the heads of a number of general aviation (GA) associations. They also spoke with a number of Chinese government officials and representatives of companies interested in exhibiting at HAI HELI-EXPO 2014 in Anaheim, California.
Zuccaro gave a presentation on the international helicopter community and the enormous potential for the growth of helicopter operations in China. He was joined by Chris Jaran, Bell Helicopter’s managing director for China. Topics discussed included safety, fleet analysis, pilot and mechanic shortage and the need for training, and regulatory and legislative restrictions.
Also discussed was the need to establish a China Helicopter Association with HAI assisting in that effort. HAI would greatly look forward to welcoming such an association as an HAI Affiliate Member.
Photo – HAI President Matt Zuccaro (left) with Kevin Wu, vice chairman Asian Business Aircraft Association and VP Cessna Asia at the ABACE opening ceremony
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19