Aviation Specialties Unlimited, (ASU) announced today that it completed its 700th FAA approved night vision cockpit modification. This modification was completed on an EC135 at Metro Aviation in Shreveport, Louisiana for MED TRANS Air Medical Services.
“There are a lot of great people that have been instrumental in our reaching this milestone,” said ASU founder Mike Atwood. “We want to thank not only Metro, one of the premier maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities, but also everyone else who has trusted us with their business and for their support.”
The first civil operation modification performed by ASU was on an EC135 for Metro Aviation in 2003. Of the 700 night vision modifications, ASU has completed a total of 178 for Metro Aviation.
“It is fitting that our first and now our 700th modification was for Metro on the EC135,” said ASU Quality Assurance Manager Kip McDermott. “We have worked on numerous aircraft types around the world, obtained many additional STCs and continually strive to offer our customers the best products and service possible.”
ASU Repair Station Manager Shawn Woodworth celebrated the milestone with Metro Aviation employees on April 2, 2013 during lunch. “All of you have made this milestone possible,” said Woodworth to the employees gathered for a celebratory lunch. “All of us at ASU want to thank you for your hard work and dedication. It is an honor to celebrate and share this accomplishment with you.”
“Metro has been in business for 31 years and we’ve partnered with ASU for more than 10 of them,” said Milton Geltz, Managing Director of Metro Aviation. “Safety is always our top priority and we trust ASU to provide us with the equipment we need to keep our employees and customers safe. We congratulate ASU on their 700th completion and the 178th aircraft completed in our shop. We look forward to many more years of great partnership.”
Since 1995, ASU’s goal has been to implement night vision in the civil aviation market to increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities. Our focus is on providing a turnkey solution to our customers so that with one call they can obtain:
• Night vision goggles and replacement parts
• Service/inspection for goggles
• NVG cockpit lighting solutions, installed by our FAA-approved 145 repair station technicians at our facility in Boise, Idaho, or at the customer’s facility
• Cockpit replacement parts provided by our FAA-approved PMA
• Initial and recurrent training for flight crews on the use of night vision via an FAA-approved 141 Training Program and/or 135 Air Operator Certificate
• Assistance in establishing Night Vision Programs.
ASU has modified now more than 700 aircraft STC installations and has sold over 2,500 aviator systems here in the U.S.
ABOUT METRO AVIATION:
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States is a worldwide provider of completion services for all missions and types of helicopters and specializes in the EC135 and EC145 with several Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro Aviation is an FAA approved repair station, approved Eurocopter Service Center and FAR Part 135 air medical operations provider at several locations across the United States. The company is privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country.
ABOUT MED TRANS
Med-Trans Air Medical Transport: Safely creating custom air transport solutions for over 30 years. Med-Trans Corporation (“MTC”), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading national air medical provider focused on establishing partnerships with hospital systems, medical centers and EMS agencies through more than 50 bases across 18 states.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award