Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the innovative Evolution Flight Display System, announced today the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval for installation of Aspen Evolution H-series Primary Flight Displays (PFDs) and Multi-function Flight Displays (MFDs) into the Robinson R44 and R44 II model helicopters. Previously announced for N-registered aircraft, this expanded Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from Western Avionics allows for both single and multi-display installations.
The lightweight, compact form factor of Aspen H-series PFD and MFD systems are a perfect fit for the Robinson R44-series platform. The PFD is an all solid-state digital replacement for legacy mechanical flight instruments. The MFD adds features like high resolution moving maps, relative terrain and obstacle awareness, and traffic displays.
Aspen unique retrofit technology is ideal for the helicopter market, says Mark Ferrari, Aspen Vice President of Sales and Customer Support. The combination of superior digital ADAHRS reliability, affordable pricing, and robust features that increase situational awareness is what makes the Evolution Flight Display System such a compelling solution for the Robinson fleet.
The single PFD Evolution 1000H system retails for $14,995 USD, the multi-display Evolution 1500H retails for $22,490 USD, and the Evolution 2000H retails for $26,990 USD. Customers should contact Western Avionics or their Aspen authorized dealer for additional installation and STC package costs.
About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced technology and capability into general aviation cockpits and budgets. Our products increase situational awareness and reduce pilot workload, making it easier and safer to fly in both VFR and IFR conditions. The way we look at it, getting the latest avionics technology shouldn’t always mean spending a lot of money on equipment or installation. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own.
About the Evolution Flight Display System
The Aspen Evolution Flight Display System is an affordable, expandable and upgradeable PFD, MFD and hazard sensor cockpit solution for general aviation aircraft and rotorcraft platforms. Highly compatible with existing aircraft avionics, the flexible Evolution Flight Display System lets aircraft owners install all Evolution Flight Displays and options at once, or separately, as their needs and budgets permit.
About Western Avionics
Western Avionics, a division of the AvMax Group of Companies, is Canada’s largest avionics and instruments support facility. Clearly one of the most modern and well-equipped facilities, Western offers a full complement of diversified avionics services, including the purchase and sale of new and used avionics, equipment, parts; equipment overhaul; retrofit and new aircraft installations; MRP (Mobile Repair Personnel) services, Engineering and specialized manufacturing.
Image – Aspen 1000H
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- 26-Feb-19 G-HWKS Robinson R44 Sketrick Island, UK
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 30-Jan-19 N484AB Robinson R44 Uvalde, US-Texas
- 01-Jan-19 PR-RMZ Robinson R44 Ubatuba, Brazil (1F)
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- 16-Dec-18 N803PT Robinson R44 Pontiac, US-Michigan
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- 02-Nov-18 G-FLYX Robinson R44 Denham, UK
- 30-Sep-18 N440SH Robinson R44 Westminster, US-Maryland
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet