[Electronic translation] On April 20 was held in the premises of 552 Squadron“HORNETS”, based on the Air Base No. 11 , in Beja, the event commemorating the 50 years of operation of the helicopterALOUETTE III
This event, which aimed to mark this milestone, brought together several generations of soldiers who worked and are working with the weapons system aliii and recalled several moments, stories and traditions experienced in carrying out their functions.
On the occasion of this day were conducted various activities to highlight the presentation of the helicopter with a commemorative painting alluding to the ephemeris ( see symbolism of the painting ), a static display helicopters in versions with “cannon”, “medical evacuation” and “search and rescue “, the pre-launch of the book on 50 years of aliii and watching a trailer for the commemorative video.
Over the five decades fleet ALOUETTE III has totaled more than 300,000 flight hours distributed in various operational missions and education, and since 1978 operated by 552 Squadron , the trustee of all traditions of Light Helicopter Squadrons in Portugal.
The numerous achievements and contributions of this helicopter service to the Air Force and Portugal since the beginning of its operation until the present day, remain in the memory of many Portuguese, either by missions undertaken during the Colonial War and peacekeeping in Timor either by public interest missions, tactical transport and training helicopter pilots in our country.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work