[Electronic translation] On April 20 was held in the premises of 552 Squadron“HORNETS”, based on the Air Base No. 11 , in Beja, the event commemorating the 50 years of operation of the helicopterALOUETTE III
This event, which aimed to mark this milestone, brought together several generations of soldiers who worked and are working with the weapons system aliii and recalled several moments, stories and traditions experienced in carrying out their functions.
On the occasion of this day were conducted various activities to highlight the presentation of the helicopter with a commemorative painting alluding to the ephemeris ( see symbolism of the painting ), a static display helicopters in versions with “cannon”, “medical evacuation” and “search and rescue “, the pre-launch of the book on 50 years of aliii and watching a trailer for the commemorative video.
Over the five decades fleet ALOUETTE III has totaled more than 300,000 flight hours distributed in various operational missions and education, and since 1978 operated by 552 Squadron , the trustee of all traditions of Light Helicopter Squadrons in Portugal.
The numerous achievements and contributions of this helicopter service to the Air Force and Portugal since the beginning of its operation until the present day, remain in the memory of many Portuguese, either by missions undertaken during the Colonial War and peacekeeping in Timor either by public interest missions, tactical transport and training helicopter pilots in our country.
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules