On 23 April 2013 Squadron Leader Craig Finch, Lieutenant Jim Fraser RN, Flight Lieutenant Mark Lazenby and Flying Officer Ryan Stowe from the Defence Helicopter Flying School, RAF Shawbury, attended the Royal Aero Club’s awards ceremony held at the RAF Club in London. This is a very prestigiousannual event during which the Club presents awards recognising achievement and service in all forms of aviation.
The group received the Prince Of Wales Cup which is awarded for the most meritorious performance, feat or event by a team or group. As members of the British Helicopter Team, the individuals returned last year from the World Helicopter Championships in Drakino, Russia with a team silver medal placing. The 2012 result is the best ever recorded by a British Team.
The team are all qualified helicopter instructors at the Defence Helicopter Flying School training the future Military Helicopter pilots for all 3 services. Not pictured are Mr JJ Jackson and Mr Gareth Mayfield who were not able to make the event but also played key roles in the British Team’s success.
RAF Photograph: Left to right – Jim Fraser, Ryan Stowe, Craig Finch and Mark Lazenby at the presentation event.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified