Blue Sky Network, a principal supplier of satellite tracking and communication solutions for aviation, land and marine, today announced that its HawkEye 5300 has received Homologation Certification from Brazil’s national telecommunication agency, Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações (ANATEL). Blue Sky Network now further develops its international product presence with the authorization to sell its first land mobile device from the Brazilian office in São Paulo – in addition to its aviation and marine product lines currently available for purchase. The certification reinforces Blue Sky Network’s position as a global leader in providing satellite tracking solutions for multi-asset types and classes that benefit the fleet management industry.
The HawkEye 5300 delivers pole-to-pole coverage for globally-dispersed fleets by harnessing the power of the Iridium satellite network and provides seamless switchable Iridium-GSM dual-mode network connectivity – which can be leveraged to optimize operational productivity. When paired with Blue Sky Network’s cloud-based web portal, New SkyRouter, the device enables tracking and two-way messaging between land assets and fleet managers from a PC or mobile device. The HawkEye 5300 also provides monitoring of vehicle diagnostic data, alerts and driver behavior when utilized with the New SkyRouter. Using its geo-fencing capabilities, the HawkEye 5300 easily notifies fleet managers when a vehicle is entering or exiting a specified zone.
“With this Homologation Certificate from ANATEL we are expanding our product portfolio in Brazil and enabling customers in the land mobile sector to easily track and manage assets,” said Blue Sky Network’s CEO and founder, Jon Gilbert. “The HawkEye 5300 is a robust solution that provides uninterrupted connectivity for land fleets in remote and problematic cell coverage areas. We are pleased to increase our global product line and offer solutions that enable fleet safety and efficiency throughout the world, especially in the Latin American region.”
“We are thrilled to receive this Homologation Certificate from ANATEL,” said Arnaldo Vasconcellos, Blue Sky Network’s business development director for the Brazilian headquarters. “The dual-mode, Iridium and GSM, network connectivity feature of the HawkEye 5300 provides our land customers, such as those in the mining and oil/gas industries, tremendous fleet management value for widely dispersed assets operating in and out of remote areas.”
The HawkEye 5300 is available with two different options, HawkEye Touch (LCD touch screen) and OBDII diagnostic module. The HawkEye Touch enables email/short-code two-way communication, features a quick position emergency button, and even doubles as a navigation device. This solution also supports unique driver PIN identification that can be used to enable trip reports and vehicle status for each driver. The HawkEye 5300 with an OBDII module enables mileage reporting, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) alerts, and fuel usage reports for most automobiles, light trucks and vans.
About Blue Sky Network:
Blue Sky Network is a principal supplier of satellite tracking and communication solutions for the aviation, land mobile and marine industries. Our solutions leverage the power of the Iridium satellite network to deliver reliable GPS tracking, voice, two-way messaging, and asset monitoring for improved fleet management. Blue Sky Network’s leading fleet management web portal, New SkyRouter, is a comprehensive cloud-based solution designed to support multi-asset types working seamlessly with Blue Sky Network’s advanced tracking hardware. Blue Sky Network has also pioneered advanced technologies, such as dual-mode tracking solutions (GSM-cellular and Iridium-Satellite) and HawkEyeLink, which provides a Bluetooth interface for smartphones and tablets in the cockpit to communicate over the Iridium network. Founded in 2001, Blue Sky Network is headquartered in La Jolla, California with customers and distributors worldwide.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria