The captain for 2013 will be Flight Lieutenant Paul Farmer. This will be his second year with the Display Team. This year’s Co-Pilot is Flight Lieutenant Gareth Allen, the Display Manager Flight Lieutenant Kyle Thomas and the Rear Crew are Sergeants Andy Caldwell and Steve Jones.
The season this year will be made all the more challenging due to the two over water displays. The lack of visual references for the pilots makes the maneuvers flown far more challenging.
The RAF Chinook Display this year will be flown by crew members who have recently served in Afghanistan. Members of the team, made up of personnel from 18 and 27 Squadrons, arrived back from Op Herrick as recently as December 12.
‘We hope that the 2013 display will be viewed as the best yet, really allowing the crew to demonstrate the power and maneuverability of the Chinook, something that you might not expect to see from such a large aircraft’.
You can see the Team display at the following events during the 2013 season:
9 June: Cosford Air Show
6-7 July: Waddington International Air Show
13 July: Yeovilton International Air Day
20-21 July: The Royal International Air Tattoo, Fairford
16-18 August: Eastbourne Air Show
24-25 August: Dunsfold Wings and Wheels (Display Only)
24-25 August: Car-fest South for Children in Need
30 August – 1 September: Bournemouth Air Festival
- Honeywell Secures Repair and Overhaul Contract for US Army Chinook Fleet
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- RAAF new Chinook HQ to boost local Townsville economy
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47