The STARS Lottery in Saskatchewan officially launches today with 2,206 prizes worth over $3.8 million. In its inaugural year in 2012, STARS generated more than $1.6 million – a significant source of funding to help keep STARS in the sky.
“STARS’ success depends on the people across this great province. All proceeds from the lottery will stay in Saskatchewan to support our two bases,” said Rod Gantefoer, executive vice president for the STARS Foundation. “Whenever you see a bright red STARS helicopter overhead, or land in your community, take comfort in knowing a team of highly trained critical-care experts are giving hope to someone who needs it most.”
The STARS Lottery includes three grand prizes worth over $2.9 million, including two beautiful million dollar show homes in Regina and Saskatoon, and a home-away-from home truck and fifth wheel combination worth nearly $200,000 retail.
Tickets purchased before midnight July 3 are eligible for an exceptional early bird package which includes: a 2013 Mercedes SLK Roadster, a three night get-a-way for two at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, plus $5,000 cash in fun money.
In addition to the grand and early bird prizes, there are four vehicles, 13 vacations and 2,157 other great prizes including cash, furniture, electronics, jewelry and luggage. Two lucky winners can also enjoy a flight of a lifetime aboard a STARS helicopter.
Tickets for the STARS Lottery are available by visiting www.starslotterysaskatchewan.ca or by calling 1-855-449-2444. Ticket buyers are eligible for all 2,206 prize draws if tickets were purchased prior to the stipulated Early Bird deadline. After each draw, winning tickets go back into the drum for the remaining prize draws. Tickets are $60 each, two for $100, and 6 for $250. Total tickets printed is152,200.
The early bird draw is July 18, 2013, The final draw is set for August 14, 2013 with ticket cut-off at midnight on July 24, 2013. If all tickets are sold before the early bird ticket cut-off, all 2,206 prizes will be drawn commencing on July 22, 2013 and completed on July 24, 2013. The lottery license number is LR12-0101.
STARS is a non-profit helicopter air ambulance organization that provides rapid and specialized emergency care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our doctors, nurses, paramedics, and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Winnipeg.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts