The STARS Lottery in Saskatchewan officially launches today with 2,206 prizes worth over $3.8 million. In its inaugural year in 2012, STARS generated more than $1.6 million – a significant source of funding to help keep STARS in the sky.
“STARS’ success depends on the people across this great province. All proceeds from the lottery will stay in Saskatchewan to support our two bases,” said Rod Gantefoer, executive vice president for the STARS Foundation. “Whenever you see a bright red STARS helicopter overhead, or land in your community, take comfort in knowing a team of highly trained critical-care experts are giving hope to someone who needs it most.”
The STARS Lottery includes three grand prizes worth over $2.9 million, including two beautiful million dollar show homes in Regina and Saskatoon, and a home-away-from home truck and fifth wheel combination worth nearly $200,000 retail.
Tickets purchased before midnight July 3 are eligible for an exceptional early bird package which includes: a 2013 Mercedes SLK Roadster, a three night get-a-way for two at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, plus $5,000 cash in fun money.
In addition to the grand and early bird prizes, there are four vehicles, 13 vacations and 2,157 other great prizes including cash, furniture, electronics, jewelry and luggage. Two lucky winners can also enjoy a flight of a lifetime aboard a STARS helicopter.
Tickets for the STARS Lottery are available by visiting www.starslotterysaskatchewan.ca or by calling 1-855-449-2444. Ticket buyers are eligible for all 2,206 prize draws if tickets were purchased prior to the stipulated Early Bird deadline. After each draw, winning tickets go back into the drum for the remaining prize draws. Tickets are $60 each, two for $100, and 6 for $250. Total tickets printed is152,200.
The early bird draw is July 18, 2013, The final draw is set for August 14, 2013 with ticket cut-off at midnight on July 24, 2013. If all tickets are sold before the early bird ticket cut-off, all 2,206 prizes will be drawn commencing on July 22, 2013 and completed on July 24, 2013. The lottery license number is LR12-0101.
STARS is a non-profit helicopter air ambulance organization that provides rapid and specialized emergency care and transportation for critically ill and injured patients. Our doctors, nurses, paramedics, and pilots work with a team of dedicated support staff and community partners to save lives. STARS operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week from bases in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Winnipeg.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award